Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Caporegime
As previously mentioned runs like ass, servers seem incredibly laggy as well, one guy went to knife me, I near **** myself and got the counter on him very easily, not really sure if it was down to server lag or the counter is a bit easy to engage. Helicopters and tanks have flares and smoke from the off, if you try and lock onto a helicopter deploying flares with heatseekers your targeting reticule focuses on the flares instead of just stopping you locking on. I don't like the smoke effects for Tanks, seems to be a lot less smoke than in bf3 and harder to use it to make a getaway.

Vehicles on the whole seem a lot more responsive I feel, the Tank feels very twitchy to slight movements on the keyboard.

Not seen the building come down as of yet.

Soldato
3 looks better to me. This seems a bit toned down graphically hopefully it's just because it's a Beta.

Just CTD on my last game so will await my new GPU before trying again.

Soldato
How are the AMD guys getting on with this?

Seemed ok to me 1080p max settings on a stock reference 7970 and 4670K @ 4.4Ghz. It plays like BF3 but not as nice looking. No idea on FPS but it was smooth when not lagging like mad. It feels a bit dumbed down and a step back from BF3 but it's only a Beta so could be that.

Last edited:
Associate
Seemed ok to me 1080p max settings on a stock reference 7970 and 4670K @ 4.4Ghz. It plays like BF3 but not as nice looking. No idea on FPS but it was smooth when not lagging like mad. It feels a bit dumbed down and a step back from BF3 but it's only a Beta so could be that.

ahh cool. I am on a 3820, so will be interesting to see. Yes hopefully its is cause of it being a beta. I think with bf3 wasnt the original similar to the beta, hopefully its not the case here. :)

Caporegime
Dropping res to 1920x1080 instead of Eyefinity seems to have got it running better :p

Gunplay seems a bit better id say, doesn't seem to take as much shots to drop someone, but at the same time its not like hardcore where one shot to the toe kills you. Found one of those pickup sniper rifles but when I cycled my weapons it seemed to vanish :( Anyone else think the movement seems a bit different from bf4? Seems like your gun moves around a lot more or something.

Caporegime
How the hell are people comparing this to MOH? Absolutely nothing like it. Doesn't suprise me that it's DG spouting crap either.

if you cant see moh in this go opticians.

reg is pure moh not bf. game plays like moh its just its set in a bf setting. the actual gameplay is more moh than bf. probably why moh has dropped now because they combined the two games.

game will be fun but its more on the console side than bf3 is . graphics are okay but not amazing but... you can tell that not all the textures and stuff have been added .

so its moh 2013. just with tanks and helis.

Back
Top Bottom