New PSU Needed Before I Cry

Associate
Hi all

I have just got my second 6850 through the post and when come to fitting it realised that i need a new PSU because my current OcUK Crusade 850W doesn't support crossfire!!

Never expected to go crossfire when i bought it but now I need it and i cant :(

I'm devastated but can you spec me a new one please so i can order it tonight and have it by friday when my monitor adapters arrive as well?

The spec is as in my signature below except with a second 6850.

Please help me :D

Just to clarify; i want a good PSU to last years and that would work effectively with haswell when i upgrade hopefully in the new year. It has to be modular since i have a cluttered case at the moment which i can now avoid.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks guys, let me clarify the budget and new plan lol

there is no budget as such so willing to fork out for a great long term expensive modular PSU but £200 will be too much for my head to make sense of lol

since making this decision i have decided to upgrade completely so will be ordering a new haswell i7, motherboard and ram from OcUK :)

I'm thinking £600 will be enough for all this?

Associate
OP
oh and do you think 750 watts is enough? i used an online calculator which said my system would use close to 750... so shouldn't i aim for 850 so its not under full power all the time?

I leave my computer on 24/7 so i don't know if this makes a difference to your recommendations?

Soldato
@ OP You need a medal sire !!! you are a very brave man :)

£600 should be doable but we're need to keep a few things from your old build like the HDD's etc but we're only get a single card in the budget ...... unless your keeping them.

Associate
OP
oh sorry i'm not very good at this explaining lark lol

I only want to upgrade my CPU, Mobo, PSU and RAM. I want 6 new ultra silent (whisper/never heard he he he) case fans, Blu Ray drive, an SSD (for a game and windows),

I will keep the 2 x 6850's, Case, HDD, monitors and the general stuff like keyboards etc.

getting excited now lol

Back
Top Bottom