Someone hit my parked car!

Soldato
New wheel trim and a bit of t cut on the scratches and that'll be barely noticeable. I wouldn't bother reporting it as there's nothing they'll be able to do without witnesses.

You having a laugh? The rim is totally bent! You can probably get a brand new steelie for little more than £20 though, and the scratches will come out 90%

Man of Honour
My car insurance is passing over to a new provider on the 2nd of October. By the time I can get it checked out for a quote I will be with my new provider. Do I use them if I do need to make a claim?

No, as the incident date was prior to the new policy start date. If you make a claim it needs to be with your current insurer (even if the notification date is after the policy end date).

Soldato
Would it be wise to get that corner of the car in terms of the mechanics checked out, no way I'd replace the steelie and forgot about it, image the amount of force that has been pu t on that corner.

Doesn't take that much to bend a rim, the wheel does not appear to have been pushed forward. Check it of course, but it's a beam axle in those, pretty low tech and sturdy.

Associate
OP
OMG the insurance is still not sorted! It's now with the "litigation team"... one day I'll get my excess back and my extra insurance monies refunded!

I bought a run of the mill Honda Civic 1.6 to replace the Seat. It feels much quicker (when we're talking 1.6's) compared to the Seat - I'm thinking it's either the vtecs (yo) or there was something wrong with the Seat!

Back
Top Bottom