Condenser tumble dryer

Soldato
Try and get a contra-rotating one (i.e. it spins one way a bit and then the other way a bit). We didn't and its a pain in the rear when doing sheets as they end up in a ball with the centre still wet. You have to un-ball them and keep putting them back.

+1 on Bosch. Apart from the above (which was available on higher spec models) ours has been solid.

Man of Honour
It would be worthwhile investing in a good energy rated dryer just because they cost a fortune to run and also an intelligent one that turns the heat down and stops what the clothes are dry rather than just keep turning long after they have fully dried.

http://www.johnlewis.com/bosch-clas...-dryer-7kg-load-b-energy-rating-white/p575576

Something like that

Unless you go for a heat pump condenser, they're all energy rated as B at best. Heat pumps are out of his budget though.

I recently recommended a Beko 7Kg condenser on here but since doing so it has failed twice on us. I have just ordered an LG to replace it. From my research, Bosch, AEG and LG seemed to be amongst the more reliable condensers.

Soldato
Bosch, or LG. Be careful though, the LGs are very deep and will only fit in a large space like a laundry room. It might be too big for a standard kitchen space.

Tea Drinker
Don
It is yes but the heat build up may mean it trips out unless it's ventilated.

Ours in in a 2x1.2 women cave sorry laundry room and it gets too hot in there but no moisture at all with a Bosch

Man of Honour
We've got an 8kg Hotpoint and it's been great for the 18 months or so that we've had it.

It's got ready to wear/cupboard dry settings and is adaptive for material types and how wet they are.

Soldato
Unless you go for a heat pump condenser, they're all energy rated as B at best. Heat pumps are out of his budget though.

I recently recommended a Beko 7Kg condenser on here but since doing so it has failed twice on us. I have just ordered an LG to replace it. From my research, Bosch, AEG and LG seemed to be amongst the more reliable condensers.

We bought a cheap Hoover condenser dryer and it broke within two weeks, replaced it with a Siemens which has been faultless for the last 9 months and has a 5 year parts & labour warranty for peace of mind. It worked out at about £420 after John Lewis price matched another retailer plus Siemens had £75 cashback at the time so a real cost of about £350.

Caporegime
Gilly said:
We've got an 8kg Hotpoint and it's been great for the 18 months or so that we've had it.

It's got ready to wear/cupboard dry settings and is adaptive for material types and how wet they are.

We also have one of these and it's also been faultless. However I always recommend bosch appliances, as our dishwasher and washing machine are rock solid.

Associate
I had a Hoover condensing drier, it wasn't that efficient and the condenser always tended to clog up and was tricky to clean.

I've since gone back to a vented Bosch machine which is much more efficient.

Back
Top Bottom