Start of my new lifestyle (Beachbody Focus T25)

Soldato
Thought I'd make a topic regarding my steps to change my lifestyle :)

I'm way overweight and I'm not happy about it... I know the only person to blame is myself but I'm going to make a change. Anyway, I work for a call centre and we sell Beachbody workout programs and I decided to start the Focus T25 (Shaun T) (HIIT)- also did Insanity, Hip Hop Abs, Rockin' Body etc.

I got myself in the zone yesterday and went to get my BMI, weight, height and bodyfat percentage checked and I honestly didn't think I was as unhealthy as the printout showed...

Stats:
Weight: 17st 8lbs
Height: 5' 11"

BMI: 34.6 :eek:

Body Fat: 36.2% :eek:

I was horrified at the results and it made me more determined to make drastic changes.

My number one downfall is my diet... sweets, sugary drinks and too much white bread tbh but I've cut this out and have been watching what calories I consume with the help of Myfitnesspal :)

I've cut my calorie intake down to 1,700 calories a day which I know is prob still to many but yesterday, I was 200 under that :)

Anyway... I know that so many people on OCUK won't like the fact that someone is using a workout program but I feel it's the only thing that will work.

Anyway, the first workout (Alpha Cycle: Cardio) wrecked me haha. I could feel my muscles burn during the workouts and that's never happened before, usually it's been the day after.

Anyway, the next workout is Speed 1.0 (Ignite your quickness. Burn the fat. Fast-paced for fast results).

I really think I'll stick to this and the diet... it's all mind over matter :)

Man of Honour
Good luck. :)

If you're number 1 downfall is diet, then you may even be overcomplicating things.

You are also a bit too low on your calories, too.

Read Steedie's diet thread for some pointers. :)

Soldato
Nothing wrong with fixed plans if your main goal is to lose weight and get fitter. If you want to get significantly strong then there far from optimal.

Number 1 thing though is fix your diet. 1700-1900 cals a day should see you comfortably lossing weight, the less junk that you have in the diet, the quicker you should see the weight coming off if all other variables were the same.

Soldato
1700 sounds like a big cut to go straight too from you current diet. At your weight you should see weight loss quite easily without dropping to 1700 off the bat.

Soldato
1700 sounds like a big cut to go straight too from you current diet. At your weight you should see weight loss quite easily without dropping to 1700 off the bat.

1700 is way too low to be using as a starting point. You shouldn't need to go below 2000 for a while yet

This, loose weight on the maximal amount of calories you can otherwise you leave no buffer for when you plateau.

Associate
I'm around 17st(just under) but have lost about 2 stone over the last few months.

It's all very simple. I did two things. Eat no more than 1800 calories a day and brisk walk for at least 1 hour total every day.

I'm lucky enough to be able to walk to work, which is about an hour round trip. So its just become part of my lifestyle. Now I'm a bit more nimble i've started jogging and cycling and losing even more weight.

I find people tend to complicate weight loss too much. All these complicated work out routines and strict meal plans. Most people last a few days doing this and then slip back into binge eating and doing no exercise. You need to build up slowly and just start by reducing calories and walking lots. After that you can go beastmode :)

Soldato
OP
so, my first weigh in (7 day weight loss):

- 5lbs :)

Chuffed to bits as I've been working hard... not only on working out but particularly on the diet.

Bri

Bri

Soldato
I was 16st 10lbs at the start of July. Just by doing regular exercise (cycling to work 5 days a week, only 8 miles per day) and cutting down on booze a bit has seen me drop to 15st 5lb. I haven't been counting calories, eating massively healthy or weighing myself (it was a bit of a shock on the scales today tbh!).

If you're quite sedatory, then you will lose weight by exercising, obviously diet helps too. Good luck with your progress, my (non expert) advice would be to not make the changes too radical, it makes them harder to stick with.

Associate
If you haven't had any sport life before I don't recommend you to push yourself too hard with exercises at the beginning.
Simple theory is: you have to lose more kkal per day than you receive.
-Normal jogging is best in the morning before breakfast. (in theory person starts to burn fat after 30-40min of jogging)
-Forget about sweets, fast food, microwave food, any sauces, etc.
-Only healthy and home made: chicken breasts (very low fat), fish, salads, rice, loads of vegetables.
-cottage cheese with low fat 2% is a must imo as has very low kkal and about 12g of protein per 100gr.
-Eat fruits for vitamins, however not to much as they also got sugar, etc. bananas are quite heavy fruit.

as too kkal per day- try to stick with kkal per day you consume now- for example 10 days same amount of kkal, if you don't see any difference than lower.

Last edited:
Soldato
so, my first weigh in (7 day weight loss):

- 5lbs :)

Chuffed to bits as I've been working hard... not only on working out but particularly on the diet.

Don't get ****ed off next week and start making drastic changes to your already new "lifestyle" if (/when) that rate of weight loss doesn't continue. A good amount of it will be water weight etc and is normal when starting a diet.

Soldato
I was 16st 10lbs at the start of July. Just by doing regular exercise (cycling to work 5 days a week, only 8 miles per day) and cutting down on booze a bit has seen me drop to 15st 5lb. I haven't been counting calories, eating massively healthy or weighing myself (it was a bit of a shock on the scales today tbh!).

If you're quite sedatory, then you will lose weight by exercising, obviously diet helps too. Good luck with your progress, my (non expert) advice would be to not make the changes too radical, it makes them harder to stick with.

I was 16st 5lb at the start of August (the 6th, at my first weigh in) as of yesterday evening (4th oct) I am 14st 10.

I've had to hit the gym to get it off mind, I was disgusting.

Bri

Bri

Soldato
I was 16st 5lb at the start of August (the 6th, at my first weigh in) as of yesterday evening (4th oct) I am 14st 10.

I've had to hit the gym to get it off mind, I was disgusting.

Well done, that's a good loss.

Disgusting is a pretty strong word to describe yourself! I'm 6'4" so a tad overweight but not huge. Looking to lose another stone before christmas.

Soldato
I am genuinely curious: what brought you to this opinion?

I knew I was over weight, and I knew why I was over weight and it wasn't bothering me over much.

We went on holiday in July and when I looked at the pictures afterwards and found it hard to accept it was me in them.

So in short, I disgusted myself so had sort it out.

Man of Honour
Cool - it is great you have taken the decision to fix something you thought needed addressing. :)

Is it something you will keep tabs on from this point, as it would be a shame not to reach awesome and keep it, if that makes sense?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the input people :)

Update: Week 2

- 7lbs

Total weight loss to date: 12lbs.

I've decided to check my weight every week and my BMI and body fat % fortnightly...

Two weeks ago:

BMI: 34.6
Body fat %: 36.2%

Current BMI: 32.8
Current Body fat %: 32.3%

Back
Top Bottom