Glastonbury 2014

Associate
I totally agree, I saw it on efestivals so I took advantage, before that I hadn't got to the page at all. Frustrating when some people get through everytime.

Soldato
OP
A friend managed to get me one. They need to sort out the ticketing system though, I know the demand for them is really high but every year seemingly Seetickets manage to **** something up.

Soldato
If SeeTickets managed to provide a decent infrastructure, and it's been the same for the last 3/4years, then people wouldn't have to resort to finding 'backdoors' to the booking page. And the information is freely available and there were plenty of people on Twitter, Facebook and various forums offering help on how to use the HOST/DNS 'trick', so it's not as if it was hidden in the darkest corners of the internet.

Plus you've got to remember, there's limited ticket numbers and everyone is out for themselves - so any advantage and all that.

Associate
If SeeTickets managed to provide a decent infrastructure, and it's been the same for the last 3/4years, then people wouldn't have to resort to finding 'backdoors' to the booking page. And the information is freely available and there were plenty of people on Twitter, Facebook and various forums offering help on how to use the HOST/DNS 'trick', so it's not as if it was hidden in the darkest corners of the internet.

Plus you've got to remember, there's limited ticket numbers and everyone is out for themselves - so any advantage and all that.

No one should have an advantage.

It is a trick. If overriding your own provider's DNS server's domain listing for Seeticket is required, and Seeticket never intended their ticketing services to be accessed by using that IP address, then it's inherently tricky by nature. And no offence, but I think it's slightly churlish of you to suggest that it's somehow naive to expect to buy tickets through official channels.

Associate
People moan that they're servers are crap, yet they manage to shift 120,000 tickets in an hour and a half. That seems pretty good to me. I can't think of a fairer way of doing it?

Soldato
No one should have an advantage.

It is a trick. If overriding your own provider's DNS server's domain listing for Seeticket is required, and Seeticket never intended their ticketing services to be accessed by using that IP address, then it's inherently tricky by nature. And no offence, but I think it's slightly churlish of you to suggest that it's somehow naive to expect to buy tickets through official channels.

It's not naive, it's years of experience buying Glasto tickets - SeeTicket's have always provided, and i don't doubt always will provide, a p-poor service when it comes to Glasto tickets.
And it wasn't any different this year - multiple devices, multiple internet connections (mixture of physical and VPNs) using multiple DNS providers, booking page contentiously timed out (even past the sell out announcement). And friends suffered the same.

If you didn't seek out an advantage or outright refused to use said 'trick' which was posted plentiful on Twitter and other social network, so it certainly wasn't hidden from you or anyone else, then it's your lose and you only have yourself to blame.

Bottom line, i did what i needed to get tickets. 'Haters Gonna Hate' and all that :rolleyes:

Associate
Managed to get some here going the legit way but we had multiple crashes when we got to the payment bit. We even got tickets for another group. Once the initial problems were sorted out with see tickets it was pretty smooth tbh. But I guess there shouldn't be those problems in the first place.

Soldato
You don't need to be like that over it though :/

Perhaps but i'd say it's justifiable considering there's a handful of bitter comments in this thread, as well as across other forums, towards people who simply used their initiative by bothering to go searching (wasn't even a search; 30 seconds on twitter gave you the correct IP's and tutorials) for a solution to the horrendous service being provided by SeeTickets.

Man of Honour
Where was anything directed at an individual?

It read more like you getting your panties bunched at people that didn't like the service because it worked for you.

Get off your high horse.

Back
Top Bottom