** Official World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Thread**

Soldato
How is anybody getting on in PVE terms in SoO

9/14 on normals so far ive enjoyed all the raids so far this expansion and SoO is no exception.

Also on a side note for teh first time ive purchased a virtual ticket for blizzcon this year :) couldnt resist the legendary minion card for Hearthstone and the murloc crusader pet :p

Associate
that will be crap

What makes you think that? Probably the most lore-rich (not to mention the most popular) MMORPG games finally turned into a movie. Written by Chris Metzen, the single most influential character to WoW (IMO, of course)?

The only reason I can't see it being as good as it could be is that it might be a couple years too late.

Soldato
But fuggan, it's a Warcraft movie, not a World of Warcraft. They are basing it off the RTS, so it will be pre-wow lore.

Last edited:
Associate
How is anybody getting on in PVE terms in SoO
We're at 12/14 normal at the moment.

Excellent raid, really fun fights, but not particularly balanced. Took us about 3 hours of wipes (each) to down Norushen, Galakras, Nazgrim, Malkorok and Thok. Whereas Iron Juggernaut, Dark Shamans, Spoils and Siegecrafter all took us less than 30 minutes. This is coming from a pretty average guild who were struggling to down Lei Shen normal just a month before 5.4. Overall this is just a lot easier than ToT I reckon

Caporegime
I'm loving raiding SoO.

I came back earlier on this year, after 5 years off. So I never got to raid Cat, WoTLK or MC as I wasn't in a big enough guild 5 years ago to tackle MC.

LFR was a brilliant idea, and Flex raid is a further marked improvement. It allows the casuals, like myself to play the raids, and doesn't detract from the HC guilds.

Soldato
I'm loving raiding SoO.

I came back earlier on this year, after 5 years off. So I never got to raid Cat, WoTLK or MC as I wasn't in a big enough guild 5 years ago to tackle MC.

LFR was a brilliant idea, and Flex raid is a further marked improvement. It allows the casuals, like myself to play the raids, and doesn't detract from the HC guilds.

i still find flexi are hard to put together. maybe when we get cross realms it will be better, at the moment the server pop is just too low :(

Soldato
Tempted to come back, stopped during Cata as I wasn't that interested in Raiding any more, be good to see how much it's all changed, if I an find my old account that is. No other MMO I've played has felt as polished. Never got to do some stuff in TBC and hoping it's still possible to do? Like BT and also never did BWL or Onyxia in Vanilla.

Associate
I've seen flex raids being advertised in chat that would only allow people with NORMAL experience and had to be 540+ in ilvl. And further, most people won't invite more than 10 people because they want to control the balance in the best way they see fit.

It seems it's being used a lot by normal raiders as a tool to fill in the gaps in their gear they haven't quite had the luck they want on normal mode. And because flex is meant to be easier than normal mode, they don't want to find themselves struggling where they shouldn't. People just don't trust anyone who hasn't got experience to be able to play well.

Soldato
i run flex raids through oQueue, if you havent tried the addon do it, it will change the way you pug and get content :)

Ive had no problems getting flex runs, Ordos groups, celestials, old world bosses, heroic scenarios, rated battlegrounds etc.

Soldato
What classes are doing decent DPS atm? I know its boss dependant due to AoE and stuff but who are generally in the top 5? I've not raided since BWD/BoT and I'm bored of my hunter, only other classes I have at 90 are warrior and rogue but they are boring too, have a high level druid but was never a fan of them for raiding, thinking of leveling a mage but my highest is like 11. Maybe a priest too, nice change of pace healing. Only class I really disliked was lock, but they had a bit of a rework since then. Really want to try get into WoW again until an mmo comes out that I actually enjoy, not playing one atm apart from a bit of tera but the raiding just isnt like wow :(

Back
Top Bottom