** LATEST GIGABYTE LAPTOPS NOW AVAILABLE FROM OcUK INCLUDING P35K / P34G!! **

Associate
Can anyone confirm for me that the models you have in stock are the black ones? I've ordered mine but i suddenly realised that i had forgotten to check. Hope they are!

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Haribo was tangfastics, gave them the royal mail guy who turned up just after.

Onto the laptop. It's amazing, the screen is every bit as good as my IPS Dell Ultrasharps for a majority of stuff, the viewing angle isn't quite as good but the brightness and colours are very on par. There's a tiny flex on the keyboard with the central keys, F and G, but that was expected and has been on a few Ultrabooks I've played on before.
The power profiling is very aggressive, it's dropping sub 1ghz when doing very little - which is really good. Not tried the nvidia GPU yet but everything seems snappy and the SSD is quite fast if not a tad small for 2013 (I'll be looking to upgrade the mSATA soon I think).

More to come soon.

Edit: backlight @ 100% with curtains closed:
iQSoe8ql.jpg

SSD bench:
VgBdC8T.png

Last edited:
Associate
Looks ace, thanks spicypixel for confirming that :).

The only other thing left I'd like to know is about what drives are compatible / how the odd swapping works.

Rather tempted by this :).

Associate
Just to confirm I have the P34G rather than the P35K but the mSATA should be the same model. Any other questions I can try and answer about it just post.

Also active google hangout running and it clocked down to 0.8ghz.
QCBlSdOl.png.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Looks good, was going to buy the P35K but the price keeps going up everytime I look at it or am I imagining things?

Is it possible to have a play with one of these at the shop?

Associate
I think it's going to need a full battery cycle before its calibrated since it's wildly swinging around. It's quite good though, haswell is showing itself to be really good in notebooks and the chassis feels extremely solid.

Associate
Just unboxed mine and it looks like it's been crushed at some point.

The chassis is literally bent down the middle.

See image

p35k.jpg

Associate
Just ordered the P35K Gamer... hope it arrives in good shape.

Was toying between the MSI GS70 and the Alienware 14... this looks like a better mix of power and not looking awful.

OcUK Staff
OP
it's being sorted via RMA.

Here's a pic of the outer

Internal box was OK tho

Then it will be fine, it is why re-package goods to give them extra protection, the packaging doing its job. :)
Ive also informed our warehouse to use more packaging on all future laptop shipments as well to ensure they are 110% protected.

Associate
Then it will be fine, it is why re-package goods to give them extra protection, the packaging doing its job. :)
Ive also informed our warehouse to use more packaging on all future laptop shipments as well to ensure they are 110% protected.
Good! Hope mine arrives safe ans sound. Going into work late to play with it in the morning.

SSD is a full blown OS install not for caching the HDD.
That's best IMO.

Associate
If it's any consolation my P34G arrived in flawless condition. I saw flawless I had to use a cloth and some glass cleaner to get all the damned sticker residue off. I'd pay a few quid for a stickerless laptop option. Cheapens it all.

Back
Top Bottom