*** iPhone 5S/5C - September 10th ***

Soldato
Hmm, half wondering if I should have opted for the 32gb model, 4gb left with everything installed :confused:

Yeah, space disappears quite rapidly when you're only playing with 16GB, the majority of apps I use struggle to come in under 25MB these days and I was suprised to see that the "enhanced" siri voice uses 220MB.

Soldato
Realised that the power button on mine is noticeably rattly, as its looser, compared to the 4S and 3G I still have.

You of course notice it if you shake it, but even just bringing it up to your ear and moving slightly you can hear it. Seems like most are affected by this though, so its either return it, or otherwise wait a few months to see if its ironed out and try and get a replacement.

Mine clicks too, thought it was normal.

Mine rattles and home button kinda clicks too

Soldato
Has anyone found that both 3G and Wi-Fi signal strength is significantly weaker than other devices? My Nexus 4 could easily keep a call connected in the weakest areas of my house, but my 5S is barely able to sustain a call in the stronger areas. Rather frustrating!

Associate
Hmm, half wondering if I should have opted for the 32gb model, 4gb left with everything installed :confused:

It depends on whether you intend to put much more on it, 16GB is really not enough if you have your music collection as well as lots of apps on your phone. I went for a 32GB 5s myself because I found I was having to remove stuff on my 16GB 4s to make room for other stuff so I was sure 16GB was not enough for my needs.

Associate
32GB is the sweet spot these days for any smartphone really, 16Gb only for those that really don't install much apart from a few apps and abit of music.

I was originally gonna get a 16GB, but changed my mine and went 32GB glad i did now.

Associate
Well my 5s has been sat preparing for shipment for 3 days now, now sure how long it will take before it moves to dispatched :rolleyes:

Associate
Well my order was dispatched a couple of hours from now last Wednesday and then arrived Monday, so that should give you some kind of timeframe.

Excellent cheers. Funny thing is I also ordered a case from apple at the same time. Now the delivery date for that was the 3rd October (Subject to change to the 5th October). That still hasnt shown up either!

Soldato
Just need to say, I never want to go back to a pin code unlock again.

I hate my iPad now, having to type the pin in all the time is so annoying.

Soldato

Agreed. Also pretty obvious that all the whole "fingerprint scanner is a gimmick" comments are from the Samsung fanboys who feel they may actually have a reason to call something out as a gimmick. I fail to see how anybody can honestly say that they think it is - you're pressing the home button anyway, and it registers so quickly (for me at least) that it is more convenient than swipe to unlock, and it cannot be fooled by a picture...in fact, most of the time it's "too" fast, in that if I want to check the time I have to remove my finger very quickly otherwise it'll unlock!

Man of Honour

Agreed. Also pretty obvious that all the whole "fingerprint scanner is a gimmick" comments are from the Samsung fanboys who feel they may actually have a reason to call something out as a gimmick. I fail to see how anybody can honestly say that they think it is - you're pressing the home button anyway, and it registers so quickly (for me at least) that it is more convenient than swipe to unlock, and it cannot be fooled by a picture...in fact, most of the time it's "too" fast, in that if I want to check the time I have to remove my finger very quickly otherwise it'll unlock!

I imagine this is how most people will feel after a while. I assume it works near flawlessly and obviously very quickly. I haven't picked myself a 5S up yet but I will over the next few weeks I think.

Back
Top Bottom