Tool of the day!

Soldato
Was out with my mum yesterday at a store called Dunelm Mill, and as we walked to the checkout to pay, I noticed lots of different coloured steps stacked up. They look like a kids toy but on trying one out, they're damn sturdy. I thought, this is exactly what I could do with as it saves bringing the step ladder in every time when I want to reach something fairly high, such as to change a ceiling bulb.

It's very light, folds up flat with a carry handle, and easily stored and hidden away. The side view looks like it might collapse, but it won't as standing on it locks the legs. There's two sizes, a smaller one and the one I got. Mine stands 1' 3" high by 11" wide by 8.5" deep. Can get them in white, yellow, black, red and blue, but seems to be less choice of colour on their website than in store. Only £8.99 :)

image.jpg

You can get them here if you're interested. http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/simply-foldable-large-step-stool-359833

Permabanned
Hmm, I was thinking about something like this for washing windows, some are a bit high but not high enough to justify faffing about with a step ladder.

Soldato
OP
Hmm, I was thinking about something like this for washing windows, some are a bit high but not high enough to justify faffing about with a step ladder.

Yeah. I'm about 5' 11" tall, the step is 1.3' tall and I can reach my lights in my bedroom which are about 10 to 11' high, so it's quite good for reaching modest heights. For washing windows, it would work. Though there's nothing to lean into like with a ladder so I guess you'd need to be slightly careful or put one hand against the window frame if you happen to get vigorous with the cleaning. But they're great for reaching up to things for simple jobs or getting something down from a tall wardrobe, cupboard, or even reading the meter if it's high up like mine.

Soldato
OP
Well with me, I still don't have any chairs in my place, only my sofa. I've got an old 3 legged triangular stool which is always a bit dodgy to stand on. So now I have my colourful purpose built go to steps for all those hard to reach places, plus it's easy to fold away. If I'd eaten more weetabix, I might have grown as tall as Derek W would seem to be and wouldn't need steps. :p

Soldato
It will last for about 6 months before it breaks under your own weight, my kids have them for working in the kitchen (Washing up and such) I've used them a few times and broken both of them within a week or so of each other!

Associate
haha, my mum's got something very similar to reach things at the back of the tall wall cabinets in the kitchen (she's only small bless her), their great. I know my dad's borrowed it a couple of times when he was stripping the brakes on the car, as when the car's jacked up it was the perfect height for him to work on them while sitting :)

Permabanned
I've got the longer version.
Or at least I did have one, either I've lent it to someone or the cats have swapped it for chicken as now I can't find the darn thing anywhere :(

Back
Top Bottom