GTA V Multiplayer thread (360, XBOX ONE, PS3 and PS4)

Associate
I'm completely sick of death tax, it makes me just want to not free roam. Money is almost impossible to make in any great bulk without boosting, and yet they still take $5k off me every time I die? Fair enough take the money that I had on me away, but not out my bank. It takes 2 missions at least to make that much, and I lose it as soon as I exit the mission and get popped. It's the worst game mechanic ever.

Soldato
I'm completely sick of death tax, it makes me just want to not free roam. Money is almost impossible to make in any great bulk without boosting, and yet they still take $5k off me every time I die? Fair enough take the money that I had on me away, but not out my bank. It takes 2 missions at least to make that much, and I lose it as soon as I exit the mission and get popped. It's the worst game mechanic ever.

Set up a private world then, last few nights of playing it has been in a private world with only 4 or 5 friends in. We kill each other occasionally for a laugh but you don't have to worry about insta-banking your money or being in passive mode etc.

How does one earn 400k legit so quickly?

Your question has been answered however it depends how you mean 'legit'. Without looking it up I have earned near or over that amount though most of it would have come from replaying Violent Duct. However we all played the mission as it should be played and didn't use the insta-pass glitch. So does that make the money legit or not? Bit harder to earn money as quick now though since they devalued that mission.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Well I've played for hours today & the only issue has been the odd disconnection between races/missions.
I've bought an apartment got a couple of motors some armour & some decent weapons & am at level 17 now so am better off than before the Wipe.

Seeing plenty of about half a dozen of the crew online regularly so Where the **** are the rest of ya ??? :p

Man of Honour

I completely agree - the consequences of death are harsh enough to discourage you from just playing around in free mode - I'm far too concerned about my bank balance to want to roam around risking being killed by cops or other players. This is a massive shame. It's taking so long to build up enough money to do anything :(

Once you start to get decent amounts of money the risk of dying on a mission begins to outstrip the reward from doing the mission. How does this possibly make any sense?

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Once you buy an apartment you spawn inside & can accept missions etc via the moby. No need to mix with the riff raff if you don't want to. ;)

Or start an Invite only session & pull the Crew in. :cool:

Man of Honour
Err I've just logged on and it's asking if I want to change my characters appearance, telling me its my last chance to do so. Why is it doing this? It's not deleted my character has it?!

Man of Honour
Add robbing shops to the list of things not worth the bother - it isnt worth the $1500 you get because you lose far far more when the super expert invincicops smash your car to bits after blowing all your tyres up from a moving helicopter.

GRRRR, why ruin the game with the stupid death tax? It just takes all the fun out of it. Being paranoid of death isn't what GTA is about.

Back
Top Bottom