Tablet recommendations

Associate
Hello!
My mother's laptop is reaching the end of it's life and she's thinking of getting "an iPad or something". Now, I don't know a lot about tablets so I'd like some suggestions would be good.

What she will use it for:
Writing
Taking notes
Storing photos
Internet
Listening to music
Mobile/Casual gaming

(Something for myself that I could use would be an HDMI connection so I could put stuff up on our TV without to much trouble)

So, something that will allow for keyboard and mouse peripherals would be good.

She's already familiar with the Window operating system, so maybe a Windows Tablet of some kind might be a good idea. That also allows for the greatest amount of compatibility with all the stuff we already have).

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Associate
Asus Nexus 7 (2013 model)

I would suggest one of the above as a starting point, rated as one of the best tablets on the market and they are at a great price.

Associate
Tegra note 7 is released next week, with a stylus I'd wait to read reviews on that before I paid out ££... maybe a 10" is a little too big. If you can't wait though Nexus 7 2013 is great value and perf.

Associate
OP
I'd hold off for the nexus 10.2 in November. Do you have a budget ?
Sorry, I didn't say by the way, it's a wedding anniversary present which is this month, so November will be too late.

So, baring that in mind, what I'm hearing is 2013 edition of the Nexus 7?

Soldato
you can't link to competitors though so you'll need to remove the second link

Also yes it is the same tablet in both ads.

Bearing in mind that this is not a windows tablet it's android based. I'm guessing that's not...? a deal breaker

Back
Top Bottom