** LATEST GIGABYTE LAPTOPS NOW AVAILABLE FROM OcUK INCLUDING P35K / P34G!! **

Associate
If it's any consolation my P34G arrived in flawless condition. I saw flawless I had to use a cloth and some glass cleaner to get all the damned sticker residue off. I'd pay a few quid for a stickerless laptop option. Cheapens it all.

Haha okay. It should be fine :) Seeing the other one just put doubt in my mind.

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm looking at the P25W, can someone please confirm a few things

1. is it really a 7,200rpm HDD?
2. BluRay ROM or RW?
3. IPS or TN screen?

Thanks!

Associate
Well my P35K is here! Absolutely in love!

BWJj3vAIAAAB14c.jpg:large

On a side note how can i turn the trackpad off? I have my mouse plugged in but its still registering my hand when it brushes across. Thanksssss

Last edited:
Associate
If you check the temp sensor graph via the intel extreme tuning tool you'll see if it gets hot it'll dump heat quickly and the temp rises, because the heatsinks are relatively small it just gets hot and dumps via the fans quickly. It's noiser but it goes back to normal temp much quicker, after BF3 it goes down to idle temp in about 15 seconds which is amazing.

Associate
Shambles from Overclockers.
I put my order in yesterday and paid, rang up today to check it had been shipped and was told by the agent "this is a pre-order item only, we won't have any till November"

I pointed out that they had arrived and people had been receiving them but the agent wouldn't have it.

As a result I was forced to cancel my order and will be looking elsewhere for the product, shame ocuk you've lost a sale there.
If you want to contact me I am still willing to buy

Soldato
I put my order in yesterday and paid, rang up today to check it had been shipped and was told by the agent "this is a pre-order item only, we won't have any till November"

I pointed out that they had arrived and people had been receiving them but the agent wouldn't have it.

As a result I was forced to cancel my order and will be looking elsewhere for the product, shame ocuk you've lost a sale there.

Which one did you order. Some models are in stock but others say pre order for 8/11/13

OcUK Staff
OP

They did arrive but very quickly sold out, can only assume you must have just missed out.

Apologies to how you were treated on the phone though, please drop me an email to my personal account [email protected] and I shall forward it onto our sales manager to get in touch with you. :)

Associate
Mine arrived this morning (P35K), thanks for the fast delivery and sweets :p

Laptop is fantastic. Slimmer and lighter than my MBP whilst being exceptionally faster with a somewhat similar battery time of around 5.5-6 hours. Materials and build quality are good, feels like a proper premium laptop and looks the part. No issues with keyboard, feels and looks like an apple one.

Screen is DECENT. Maybe I'm spoilt by my monitor but it isn't the greatest IPS I've seen colour wise but still pleasing to look at and with solid viewing angles.

To put into perspective how well valued this is as a light powerful notebook, go configure a MBP, realise its over 2500 :rolleyes: and still not as well specced as this laptop. Its a bargain.

Would reccomend!

Associate
Mine had the exact crease lines (one either side of the ODD).

Does strike me as a design fault.

If this can happen in transport, what's it going to be in real life?

The way it was packed - there was no support in the middle section - just the two outers.

The damage seen is consistent with it being dropped - and then the inertia & impact forcing the bottom of the laptop to bow at the weak points highlighted.

Last edited:
Associate
Must only be a few that have been damaged. Mine looks fine. I guess we will just to be careful with them. At the end of the day they are very thin.

2d1780b6ce06bc6eeabf5ca2beeba32b.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom