** LATEST GIGABYTE LAPTOPS NOW AVAILABLE FROM OcUK INCLUDING P35K / P34G!! **

Associate
It might be my eyes, but even those look slightly bowed.

Do you have a straight edge you can lay across the top?

Look at the two corners of the near trackpad. The left one looks pushed out?

Associate
It might be my eyes, but even those look slightly bowed.

Do you have a straight edge you can lay across the top?

Look at the two corners of the near trackpad. The left one looks pushed out?

I've just sat with my eyes in line with it. If anything there is a very small bit but its not really noticeable unless you do what I just did haha.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

I suspect having an ODD is implementing weakness into the chassis and unfortunately couriers can be rough with items.

We have notified Gigabyte of this and also our warehouse to ensure they are over packaged to try and prevent any future damages.

Associate
The problem with Alu chassis, is that the slightest bit of damage adversely affects the overall rigidity.

Once a weak point has been created it will only continue to get worse over time.

I'd seriously consider making sure the surface is completely flat - using the edge of a mirror or other true edge.

Associate
In fairness to OcUK, mine was very well packed and the Gigabyte box was sealed... but like someone else said, no support in the middle of the box.

Bought an MSI GS70 as a replacement, OcUK kindly did it for last week's price too :)

Associate
Sadly I've returned mine as well. It was slightly bent, so that the centre of the laptop touched the desk, while the rubber feet to the left & right were each 3/4 mm above the desk. (Photos attached). I would have liked to have kept it, but a bent laptop is no good. My exteriors packaging was damaged with a hole in it as well. I'm surprised that DPD would be so rough; normally they are the best couriers around.

p210522455-4.jpg

Damaged Gigabyte P35K as shipped. Note the centre of the laptop touching the glass table and the rubber legs a few mm in the air. Note also the gap between the base and the screen. i.e. you can see the curve.

p86777622-4.jpg

Closeup of damaged P35K as shipped. Note the centre of the laptop hard on the glass table with the rubber foot 3mm above the glass. I.e. the laptop is bent.

(Higher res images available here: http://www.gallery.photoglow.co.uk/gigabyte-p35k-laptop-unboxing )

My worry is that even if I got a replacement with the current design, the fact that dropping it/rough treatment during shipping give such a bend does not inspire confidence in the long term usage of this laptop. I've dropped my Dell Studio 16 XPS a few times (while in the laptop bag) and it's always been fine. I don't have the confidence in the current design of the P35K.

I will wait to get a redesigned model or when the manufacturing issues have been ironed out. :( Bah. My credit card was debited a month ago.

Associate
This is a tyrn up for the books

GIGABYTE NB Hello. Manas, Sean,
Thank you for your posts.
We would like to confirm that this is a shipment issue i.e. damaged during shipment and the damaged laptops will be replaced as soon as one becomes available.

Thank you once again for your unwavering support.
Please keep those posts coming.
We will do our best to answer them and follow up for you.

Source GigabyteNB FB Page

Associate
Could anyone who owns a P34G comment on battery life? How long does it last for regular internet browsing?

Also, I'm reading some general concern about build quality, especially on the keyboard. Anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance.

Associate
The Keyboard is fixed by opening it up and tightening the screws underneath (marked Keyboard) which secure it to the tray. . . . .

QC did not check for it. . . .

Battery life is circa 4.5 hours on 30% screen & undervolting the CPU

Back
Top Bottom