*** The Official Sony Xperia i1 'Honami' Thread ***

Soldato
Wakelock? What's that?

EDIT: Found it was a cleaner app. It had the most time 'on', exactly the amount of time since my phone has come off charge. Uninstalled it to see if it was exactly that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Never use task cleaning apps on Android. The OS is built to completely manage that itself, cleaning apps usually do the complete opposite of their intention and waste battery and performance.

Soldato
Never use task cleaning apps on Android. The OS is built to completely manage that itself, cleaning apps usually do the complete opposite of their intention and waste battery and performance.

this! :) plus never use antivirus etc tosh its just a waste of resources/battery life :)

B&W

B&W

Soldato
use wake lock detector and gsam battery monitor to monitor apps. use default keyboard and try the Swype if you like it .if you do then download Swype itself.

Soldato
use wake lock detector and gsam battery monitor to monitor apps. use default keyboard and try the Swype if you like it .if you do then download Swype itself.

I got the wake lock detector but don't have a clue what I'm supposed to be looking at. gsam battery is a good app. I used swype on the standard keyboard and it works great, bit of a pain when I type in a language which isn't english.

Soldato
80% 7 hours 35 minutes

Screen time of 54minutes

m0y2.png

7dql.png

Soldato
used mine a fair bit today and still got 51%

My Xperia S would not have been at 15% after this long I should think.

Not even looked at battery saving measures yet.

edit screen on 1 hour 55, bluetooth on all day, wifi gps, 4g, and data

Soldato
Mines going back for a fourth and final replacement today as my new unit of which I've used twice this week for around 10 minutes has developed dead pixels. :mad:

That's a shame. I'm thinking of going back to the iPhone. As much as I don't mind Android, there are little niggles I do not like.

1. Web-browsing is crappy, I much perfered the swipe to go back/forth on the iPhone. Tap the top bar to scroll back to the top.
2. I find 5" too big for day to day use, but I do like watching movies on it.
3. The play store is ok, but I find the apple app store much better.
4. I dislike the layout of whatsapp on Android.

I absolutely dislike the noise on the photos which have been taken with the camera.

I may hold out till the iPhone 6, but I do find google integration really good.

Rather confused to be honest. If only apple made a 4.5" iPhone with a 1080p screen.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't take your experience of the Z1 as an indication of Android in general Vita, as even for me it feels a little backwards at times.
Hold out for KitKat on the Nexus 5 and give that a go before writing it off completely as it's much more a fair comparison being as it will be Android as intended rather than Sony's take on things.

In my opinion, the Z1 is a slightly odd shape which doesn't bode well for comfortable browsing if you have little girl hands like mine, and is slightly too large simply based on the bezel thickness. Not only that, but having on screen buttons realistically leaves around about the same usable screen size as my One X, but with the unfortunate downside of having an inferior screen. Rooting the device would allow you to make the on screen buttons disappear, but then you can't use the bloody camera if you do. Nice one Sony.

Back
Top Bottom