Car hit on my street

Associate
There's no legal law on parking close to a junction, though its recommended to be 15ft away (iirc, somewhere around 15ft, i can't remember).

Either way, why are you judging the OP on something so trivial, are you a complete saint when it comes to driving?

Regardless of where hes parked, clearly you'd have to not be paying attention to actually manage to hit the parked car.

To be honest I think he has parked in a daft position and obscured the view of the junction for other road users which he shouldn't have done. That is dangerous in itself. I would never park my car like that if there were available space for fear of something like this happening - it's damage limitation on your own part IMO. The woman is still at fault but the OP's parking position has not helped the situation.

It's 10 metres btw. :)

Soldato
Good old Motors. You could have your car stolen from a locked garage and someone would find a way to blame you because you didn't use seventeen padlocks and CCTV.

Soldato
be very very careful

what if you're wrong and its not her. you'll have a lot of trouble from them

CCTV pictures proves nothing IMO

Soldato
OP
be very very careful

what if you're wrong and its not her. you'll have a lot of trouble from them

CCTV pictures proves nothing IMO

What about my 2 witnesses? The fact she was on her way to work at the time wearing a distinctive pale green uniform? Also her matching dent? She also has a bald tyre on the front left, I didn't check the others.

My Dads been running his business from there for about 25 years, never really had any complaints from anyone, the council are aware.

The CCTV was fitted for extra security, someone also hit the black Integra with green decals on the bottom left, in that exact position it is now, no idea how but we would have that on video if the cameras had been up then.

Permabanned
This is partly your fault. You have too many cars on your drive. If you didn't you could have parked your car safely.

Only fair option is to pay half half.

Soldato
Lol what? When my neighbour has people round and there is a car parked in the street i'll just drive into it will I? Will be his fault afterall.

Even if the car shouldn't really have been there driving into a stationary object means you, as a driver are at fault.

Soldato
Not exactly the most sensible place to park but there is still acres of space and i'm at a complete loss as to how she's managed that when she was turning right :/

Caporegime
Not exactly the most sensible place to park but there is still acres of space and i'm at a complete loss as to how she's managed that when she was turning right :/

It's almost like it wasn't an accident and he did say
The CCTV was fitted for extra security, someone also hit the black Integra with green decals on the bottom left, in that exact position it is now, no idea how but we would have that on video if the cameras had been up then.

TBH I don't think it's worth pressing charges for 150 when your dad runs a mechanics from your house if other peoples cars are stored there overnight.
They might turn to committing criminal damage offences on the cars in your drive etc

Last edited:
Associate

It's dead simple - OP's car was parked too close to the junction. She had to overtake his car and cut back in to be on the correct and safe side for making her turn. Think about if it were a lorry trying to overtake and stop at the junction. It would not have the space to cut back in because OP's car has blocked the junction. Then what happens if another car wants to turn in whilst the lorry is stopped on the other side of the road?

Again, The girl is at fault but the OP has not helped the situation.

Soldato
OP
The street is always full of cars all the way up, it's a fairly small road, it's only ever one car a time nearly the full length, people will pull in near the garages further down to let a car by. The picture makes my car look closer than it is, the main road has a grass verge and an dropped kerb, I'm parked well behind the dropped kerb.

Back
Top Bottom