• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7970 Matrix Platinum PSU Question

Associate
Need a quick answer as to whether my current PSU - Corsair 520 HX will be capable of running this card please?? Current rig is in sig

Think this deal may end before 9am today......:eek:

Slipperz :)

Associate
OP
I would not advise you try unless everything is running stock settings.

Is your CPU overclocked?

I would advise at least a decent 650-700w PSU.

Running at 4.2.

Well I guess the PSU has lasted a good 7 years :)

Any suggestions for PSU? Corsair?

Slipperz :)

Soldato
I would add that OCZ quality is questionable, i would advise against them after owning 2 and experiencing issues with more.

it's the Mobo that bothers me the most, because that's what blew 5 days ago :eek:, but i replaced the OCZ as well; just in case....but i do have to say that my old one was perfectly ok

the Asrock Mobo is this years version....but i dont think it's as good as my original MSI..

but if i was going to get a really good PSU, i'd get Corsair only

Associate
OP
Think I'll be going with corsair again. I missed the 7970 at the good price......will have to see what's round the corner but the 7950 IceQ looks a good deal today :)

Back
Top Bottom