Watch Dogs has been delayed

Man of Honour
I suspect GTA5 has had a lot of impact on development. Releasing an open-world game so soon after GTA5 is inevitably going to lead to ridiculously high expectations not just from reviewers but the players too, so at least this way they can improve what they need to improve, and wait for amnesia to kick in while they're at it.
Yeah, I would agree with this. Perhaps they want to give the game an extra next-gen spit and polish and really make it shine. A disappointment for sure as I was looking forward to it, but as long as it delivers when it arrives, I'll be happy enough.

Gives me a bit more cash for other release titles anyway. Not played an AC game since AC2, so not sure whether to get AC4 or not. Might use the money to get Ryse depending on how it looks near to release.

Soldato
I'm surprised at this, but it's fair to say I've never been on the Watch Dogs bandwagon and this only makes my scepticism about the game even stronger.

Same here, it has always looked like a one trick pony to me, using hacking for every aspect of the game could wear pretty thin. I think GTA V has set the bar very high and also proved to me that open world games really need humour to sustain you through the repetition and Watchdogs looks like it could be a bit cold/soulless.

Credit to Ubisoft for giving it some more time though, they could easily have released it as planned and it would have sold a fair amount just because it looks like a next gen title so would be picked up by a lot of XB1/PS4 owners even if reviews were average.

Associate
i just want to know what happens now with my bundle because as it currently stands, watchdogs was the only launch game i was buying :/ what am i to do now

Soldato
Current gen scrapped will be the next announcement I reckon.

From what they were saying about the city being alive and how advanced the AI was it did make me wonder exactly how they were going to achieve this given the memory limitations of the 360/ps3.

It's amazing when you see what they've achieved with GTA5 on current-gen hardware but surely they must be starting to approach the limits of what's possible?

Caporegime
Is it more? There will be more consoles but they won't have the 'launch buzz' and will be competing against the second wave titles like Infamous I assume. Plus they're missing holiday season

Caporegime
Hopefully this doesnt mean a possible delay to The Division, though its with another Ubi team I think it was slated for late 2014...

EDIT: Just realised that both AC4 and WD were being lead developed by Ubi Montreal - perhaps thats the real issue that one had to be delayed to ensure the other was polished for launch - curious choice if it was...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
I tempted to cancel me preorder too. Seems a little OTT but there would only be a small selection of games I'd want in the first six months anyway and Watch Dogs was top of my list.

Soldato
No, I won't. I'll be buying Killzone and Infamous and renting Watch Dogs. :p
So the comment should have been more along the lines of this has made zero impact either way on my decision to wait til easter :p.

If I had any sense I'd do the same but I'm a sucker for new tech, the launch line up is starting to look quite bare now though. I've gone with Killzone as the game I'm gonna get with it, but I'm not sure how much I actually care about that. FIFA I'll get as well, but again, I'm far from having a gamer boner for it. Watch Dogs I was keeping in mind for IF the reviews were awesome, so it does kinda suck in a way to not even have that option now.

I'll still probably get at launch, I just need to make sure I don't buy any games purely for the sake of it now, because beyond the two I'm already getting, I feel anything else and I'd be doing exactly that.

Back
Top Bottom