Atlantis

Caporegime
But how can Dr Who & Merlin be so good and this so naff?

Not a fan of either of them, as I have not really watched them, so can't comment sorry.

I have to agree. The casting and script and set pieces are pretty dire.

One thing that Dr who had was good casting apart from that god awful woman Catherine Tate

Soldato
Have we not got enough talent in this country to produce shows to the calibre of Sopranos and BB?

Sherlock? Luther?

How well they stack up against the likes of Breaking Bad and The Sopranos is a matter of opinion, but they are certainly good quality shows with great writing and acting.

Just like in the US we can produce shows that are intelligent and thoughtful, with compelling stories and interesting characters. We can also produce 'lowest common denominator' tripe designed for easy watching without engaging the brain. Clearly Atlantis is one of the latter type of show - but the US has no shortage of such shows either.

Man of Honour
US probably has a bigger budget for TV than UK so realistically we should be producing fewer quality shows. I think we made some good TV from time to time though. You can add Spooks to that list. I'll probably get shot down for this but I also thought the early series of Skins were top notch.

Also you need to factor in that there is probably a LOT of rubbish on US TV that simply never makes it onto our screens, at least not primetime/primechannel. I doubt the ratio of good:crap TV is much worse over here than it is there.

Back
Top Bottom