First Car - Honda Civic vs. Ford Focus

Soldato
Use that £2.4k deposit and buy a Focus or Civic.

The Focus would be the nicer place to be in on long journeys. The Civic is bomb proof and ridiculously cheap to maintain and run (i have one).

Do not get a new car on PCP. You will only regret it once you realise your money would be better being put else where.

Soldato
I'll wager the 1.6 focus will be far nicer to drive than a Citigo anyway.. i really hate tiny budget cars like that, once the novelty of a 'new car' wears off in a year or so you're left with a tiny, uselessly slow, low specced car not even worth a great deal especially if your tieing yourself into a PCP deal on it.

Associate
OP
I've just drove the citigo and it was nice but didn't thrill me. I'm looking for reliability more than speed so that didn't bother me but as you've all said we're talking £12k over 3 years if I wanted to own it which is a bit much for a first car. Said id take the weekend to think about it but its probably a no. Waiting till Feb 2014 for it to be factory built as well.

I'm going to the local used car dealerships now to see if anything comes of that.

Thanks for your comments all.

Associate
Civic any day of the week, especially against a rusty old focus (might not be rusty yet but it will be!)
Also please don't buy a vaxuhall if reliability is a consideration, as they just aren't.
I'm a mechanic and the only time you see a honda in the workshop is for MOT + Service, extremely rare to see issues outside that.

Associate
OP
Civic any day of the week, especially against a rusty old focus (might not be rusty yet but it will be!)
Also please don't buy a vaxuhall if reliability is a consideration, as they just aren't.
I'm a mechanic and the only time you see a honda in the workshop is for MOT + Service, extremely rare to see issues outside that.

Thanks Realscot, I am booking in some test drives for civics although they're all 20+ miles away so will need to be next week.

What do you think of this ford fiesta?

It's close by so I could test drive it today/tomorrow and put the stress of buying a car behind me if it's any good.

Associate
Thanks Realscot, I am booking in some test drives for civics although they're all 20+ miles away so will need to be next week.

What do you think of this ford fiesta?

It's close by so I could test drive it today/tomorrow and put the stress of buying a car behind me if it's any good.

seems like a lot of money, seen new shape focus 55 on for that money up here.

Back
Top Bottom