Help editing photo for possible canvas

Soldato
Hi all, looking to create a canvas out of the below image and want peoples interpretations of how it should look.

Took this picture a while ago, only in jpeg sorry :(

I understand that editing is a personal thing a lot of the time but just wondering what the more professional people would do with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Original picture

What I did

Associate
I'm a sucker for selective colouring so i like this type of thing.

y6hw.jpg

Soldato
You will need to work out what you want to do with the material that 'wraps' around the frame. As a result I would include a lot more track under the car other wsie the car will look they much too near the bottom.

One of the VERY few instances where selective colour actually looks ok ! I would be inclined to BW everything except the orange on the car though :)

Nice image - should look good. Have a look at printing it on aluminium it could look stunning.

Caporegime
3x1 is weird to me! Also, what Hodders said.

It's a standard panoramic size. :p

I used trade canvas prints. My not be the cheapest but they are certainly well recommended and do a great print. 36x12 cost me £60 last year. I'd be inclined to go bigger though as they are always a lot smaller when on the wall!

Caporegime
The composition needs some work, the car looks like it. Is about toe scape the left edge of the frame which is uncomfortable. Yu will get a much better balance leaving plenty of space for the car to drive into, so cut out a lot of the RHS and leave plenty of space on the left.

Soldato
OP
The composition needs some work, the car looks like it. Is about toe scape the left edge of the frame which is uncomfortable. Yu will get a much better balance leaving plenty of space for the car to drive into, so cut out a lot of the RHS and leave plenty of space on the left.

I know what you mean.

I have other pictures of the car but no where near as clear as this one.

Here is what ive done with it so far, any more pointers as to what would make it a better pic?

picture

Also you may notice to the top left there is a slight bit of orange in the background. Anyone know how to remove that without affecting the orange on the car? Im using lightroom btw.

Soldato
I know what you mean.

I have other pictures of the car but no where near as clear as this one.

Here is what ive done with it so far, any more pointers as to what would make it a better pic?

picture

Also you may notice to the top left there is a slight bit of orange in the background. Anyone know how to remove that without affecting the orange on the car? Im using lightroom btw.

In lightroom you could use the adjustment brush to paint desat over the orange bit you don't want.

Back
Top Bottom