Microsoft Remote Desktop

Soldato
Hi

Microsoft have finally upgraded their app for both ios and os x, there's a few new features within it, also the option to setup VPN within the app itself.

not had a full play to see what it does or how to break it yet, but will do when I'm back at work on monday. Hopefully it will does support terminal server remoteapp mode, but it does support web apps.

iOS >
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092?affId=1503186

OS X >
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417?mt=12

Soldato
Had a quick look at the OS x one earlier. I will still just opt to use my VM and use the Windows version.

One of the most annoying things for me though is that on the previous Mac version if you had a user trying to log into a Windows server for the first time and their AD account had the "Change password on first login" ... then they wouldn't be able to login! They had to go use the Windows version or a third party app. Wonder if this is different in this version.

Soldato
OP
I like using cord when remoting into a set of machines at the same time, it 'nicer' to manage when its all in the same window.

I tend to use 2x on the ipad myself, as we have 2x terminal servers so its a 2 in 1 for me.

Caporegime
At last, RD Gateway support.

Hopefully it's more stable than the horrible thing they produced before. And in typical Microsoft fashion there is no mention of it on their Mac Remote Desktop website.

Soldato
OP
this is worst than the old one...

Keyboard mapping sucks and there's no way to setup a quick connection, you have to create a new connection and save the settings. This is fine if you only have a small number of machines that you have keep remoting into... but when your on a domain of 4000+ machines, it sucks.

Soldato
this is worst than the old one...

Keyboard mapping sucks and there's no way to setup a quick connection, you have to create a new connection and save the settings. This is fine if you only have a small number of machines that you have keep remoting into... but when your on a domain of 4000+ machines, it sucks.

Several lines of Applescript will give you that.

Soldato
OP
The new mac client does support terminal services remoteapp...

Screen%20Shot%202013-10-25%20at%2008.08.14.jpg

This opens up a whole new world of possibilities.. I've got a good guess what my first few projects will be when I start my new job.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I've got Office 2011 installed on my Macbook which has an RDP client, is the new app recommended over this?

Back
Top Bottom