That moustache symbol

Two-three years ago, it was all about My Little Pony, dubstep music, Keep Calm and Nyan Cat. What I'm seeing a lot nowadays is this moustache on mobile phones, bags, posters, usually the same image. Quick Google image search found exactly what I mean, especially the bottom-right showing it on a phone:

moustache_zpsf71c1432.png

Is this the current "meme"? Just wondered where it originated from? I think it's quite cool, but could be in danger of being over-used, like how "Keep Calm and Carry On" and My Little Pony exploded everywhere.

Soldato
One of the ways the moustache fad got popular was through the dubstep scene with Inspector Dubplate, he made it his unofficial symbol and started selling items with it on.

Que everyone jumping on the bandwagon.

Associate
Hicks, I didn't think of Movember when I timed the posting of this thread, but I've been seeing this for most of the year.

Yeah I just meant that the symbol was made popular because of it and is now seen a lot more as it's become a good positive symbol? No idea really to be honest :D

Soldato
One of the ways the moustache fad got popular was through the dubstep scene with Inspector Dubplate, he made it his unofficial symbol and started selling items with it on.

Never heard of that and I don't think that is the reason.

As others have stated, its largely because of Movember, which started back in 2004.

Its then the fact that anything that has a Moustache printed on it can be held above the lips to pretend you have one. You frequently see such things at parties and weddings for using when posing for photos.

Back
Top Bottom