Whos your Energy Supplier?

Man of Honour
EDF Blue Price Promise, now onto my 2nd year with them. They still come out cheaper than other suppliers based on my usage, plus no exit fees!

Exit fees are neither good or bad, its just part of the cost.
f:U have exit fees, but even with that added in to total cost, they were over £100 cheaper than the others.

Soldato
surprises me how many people switch. I always just used british gas as there easy dealt with but uswitch seems to think I could save £260 per year which is quite a chunk when you think about it.

never sure if I believe these things.

Soldato
I'm with Sainsburys Energy, which currently source their energy through British Gas.

It was the cheapest I could find for my usage, and I did check all the sites.

I guess the 'bonus' is I get a few nectar points now and then, but personally I'd prefer lower prices and no 'perks', unless they are things I desperately want/need

Soldato
surprises me how many people switch. I always just used british gas as there easy dealt with but uswitch seems to think I could save £260 per year which is quite a chunk when you think about it.

never sure if I believe these things.

If you've always just used British Gas then you can most likely save a whack of cash by switching.

Soldato
I'm with NPower, but looking to change. I'm on an estimated tarriff, and haven't given them a meter reading for a while. Just gave one today and they gave me £554.46 back, which accounts for 6 months usage for me. My account is currently £1051.50 in credit. I wonder if they'll give me a cheque for that when I leave them this week?

Associate
Fixed with M&S energy duel fuel. Provided by SSE.
Used the Martin Lewis cheap energy club tool.
Blew the cashback on sherry =D

Bri

Bri

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24606614

Interesting quote:

This is what I have suspected for a while, whenever you hear the energy companies justifying their price rises they always point to their retail profit margins. However these companies aren't just retail, they have upstream and trading divisions as well and the profits for these business units are going up. This means that they can effectively charge the retail parts of their business any price they want, retail sticks their 5% profit on top and that's the price we pay. I wonder if part of the solution is to split up the energy companies so that their retail businesses are free to buy energy from whoever they like.

He failed to explain why they put their prices up earlier this year though....

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24606614

Wholesale energy prices 'not going up', says Ovo Energy

21 October 2013 Last updated at 07:55 BST

Wholesale prices are not going up in the energy industry, according to the head of a small energy firm, despite British Gas following SSE's rises with a 9.2% increase in its dual-fuel bill price.

Stephen Fitzpatrick, MD and founder of Ovo Energy, said he had not seen wholesale prices rise for about two years.

"If they're buying more expensive gas, more expensive electricity, in a large part we think this is because they're selling it to themselves".

Soldato
I locked in with M&S energy (sse.co.uk) a couple of weeks ago until next November 2014 or something.

Same, and it is a bit cheaper than my last supplier (EDF)
I have zero loyalty to these companies, whoever has the best deal when its time to switch is the one that gets my business.

Soldato
We are with Scottish Power, we only moved in just over a month ago so and that is who the previous owners were with so we took it up!

Back
Top Bottom