Show us your drawings/artwork

Ren

Ren

Associate
Something I've been working on over the last year or so on and off...

2013-06-02225945_zps644e52ac.jpg

Hoping to have it finished very soon. I'm not brilliant at faces though... :-/

Love this, the suit detail is amazing. Know what you mean about faces, always my weakest point too. Your McCartney is impressive though. :)

Associate
Haven't posted in this thread but have enjoyed viewing it despite the awesome and depressing (compared to my own) levels of talent lol so am posting some of my own stuff in the hope its not entirely rubbish and to contribute. I do 3d as just a hobby and I'm not as into art as I am engineering but enjoy both greatly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been demonstrating a Wacom tablet this morning so decided to div about on the new Art Rage demo. I'm quite pleased for a couple of hours work considering I only draw about three times a year :p

1276988_10153299313825038_245690915_o.jpg

Soldato
OP
The stuff in here keeps getting better and better!

First time I've picked up the Wacom in well over a year, plan on doing a lot more drawing.

drillthing.jpg

I hate it but good little exercise to get use to the pen again.

Soldato
The stuff in here keeps getting better and better!

First time I've picked up the Wacom in well over a year, plan on doing a lot more drawing.

drillthing.jpg

I hate it but good little exercise to get use to the pen again.
I really like that style, I played around trying to get it myself but just can't seem to get it right.

My most recent one, about 4 hours - A3 paper.

Black, Cool grey 5, Cool Grey 4, Cool Grey 3 & Cool Grey 1 pro-markers used - along with a pencil.

Screwed up the arms a bit (slightly too small the right, too big the left - also his torso is a little too wide) - but pleased with the face.

the_walking_dead___rick_by_darkelmarko-d6rejvu.jpg

Caporegime
I really like that style, I played around trying to get it myself but just can't seem to get it right.

Black, Cool grey 5, Cool Grey 4, Cool Grey 3 & Cool Grey 1 pro-markers used - along with a pencil.

Screwed up the arms a bit (slightly too small the right, too big the left - also his torso is a little too wide) - but pleased with the face.

I absolutely love that.

Soldato
Cheers dude, I just tend to focus on a few points (make sure I get them right) then make up the less important parts.

It's based off one of the walking dead posters, so was a really nice shot/reference photo to sketch from, but I cut out the background.

The problem is I suck at drawing arms/hands/feet - so tend to just hope it works by going scratching around with a few different shades into what resembles a hand.

Associate
Yes it's digital Spengos, I do occasionally do pencil/pen sketches, but once I've taken them so far I scan them in and work them up as it's a lot faster.

Some more of my weapon work :3 Spent some time taking some of my 2D concepts and turning them into 3D models whilst trying to retain the 'painted' vibe.

gQSusN6l.jpg.png
650JNwZl.jpg aodVyi6l.jpg
8m87OoXl.jpg 99WI9z6l.jpg
RGkUAtjl.jpg SgFe8JNl.jpg
1Ke9jlDl.jpg nwhqlsyl.jpg

Soldato

Dammit, where's that post/guide you wrote about creating this style? I've got to source me some materials and give it a shot, love it.

Associate
Yes it's digital Spengos, I do occasionally do pencil/pen sketches, but once I've taken them so far I scan them in and work them up as it's a lot faster.

Some more of my weapon work :3 Spent some time taking some of my 2D concepts and turning them into 3D models whilst trying to retain the 'painted' vibe.

Hey Lance, thanks for the reply.

So it looks like you produce the 3D mesh in Maya and then apply a painted texture from Photoshop? Do you you think textures like the ones above are possible to create with a mouse or is a wacom tablet or something like a Cintiq required to get decent results?

I've tried to produce some similar drawings but always struggle to get the nice finish you seem to do so well. The brushed metal effect on the Planescar is amazing. Do you use imported textures to assist with the base layer for that or do you just sketch/paint everything from scratch?

You capture the WoW art style perfectly. I'd love to be able to produce something remotely similar, but don't really know where to start.

Back
Top Bottom