*** Official OcUK Minecraft Server - Discussion and Rules ***

Associate
Found a hilly bit \o/ which is home while I explore, I like those really tall trees

Happy that getting back on was pretty painless, no breaking the Enigma code required or editing files in Latin this time, just point at the new FTB thing :)

Quickly realised there is no ARS Magica installed :( Is this something that can be added ? I googled the question but didn't understand what anyone was saying on the topic. I don't know where to start without ARS as I don't want to go down the uber complicated Gregtech path

Associate
Found a hilly bit \o/ which is home while I explore, I like those really tall trees

Happy that getting back on was pretty painless, no breaking the Enigma code required or editing files in Latin this time, just point at the new FTB thing :)

Quickly realised there is no ARS Magica installed :( Is this something that can be added ? I googled the question but didn't understand what anyone was saying on the topic. I don't know where to start without ARS as I don't want to go down the uber complicated Gregtech path

Ars Magic is not available for 1.5.2 FTB are working on the 1.6 pack in that it will have this mod. When that come along we can update without a map wipe
there are other methods to get the things you want. Have a look at the list of mod some you will like a lot some not so much but over all better balance and better server performance

Mat

Mat

Soldato
Yrth, I'm currently whitelisted on the vanilla server but do I need to be listed on the FTB one as well? I'd like to give this a try tonight... Ta.

Associate
there are other methods to get the things you want.
Thaumcraft ? I think you get Flight after you've researched everything possible. Actually I was hoping to get straight back into what I was busy doing when the map got wiped, so need ARS really...
Have a look at the list of mod some you will like a lot some not so much but over all better balance and better server performance
Server performance is fine until people build acres of gregtech stuff with multiple world anchors, then it all goes downhill rapidly. My simple house was peachy :)

I think the only related mod is Thaumcraft, but research was epically boring and I got as far as golems before giving up due to hair loss. Golems when you think about it are just the same as clever pipes.
I guess I'll twiddle my thumbs until Ars Magica is fixed, hopefully it won't be too long ??? :)

As I'm stuck with just exploring in the meantime, could you turn off that odd zapping border feature please ?
I've never yet seen any warning message before being zapped and last time (being in a boat) I couldn't get away fast enough before it killed me.
Then I apparently respawn in a bed but suffocate in the ceiling above it ???
By default it only saves the last death location (which is now my bed) so I've no idea where on the map I've actually died, and since I was in a boat I've got very little chance of recovering my stuff from the seabed anyway.
The previous method of flipping you 180 degrees was sufficient I think :cool:

Mat

Mat

Soldato
I'm guessing the new mod server is using this list of FTB mods:

http://feed-the-beast.com/mod-pack/unleashed

Now that looks like a lot of mods that do a lot of things...
Before I go searching for info on all of them (as the FTB site doesn't have any that I can find), does anyone have a list of stuff that one can do with all these mods?! Just the main things would be nice...

Soldato
Thaumcraft ? I think you get Flight after you've researched everything possible. Actually I was hoping to get straight back into what I was busy doing when the map got wiped, so need ARS really...

Server performance is fine until people build acres of gregtech stuff with multiple world anchors, then it all goes downhill rapidly. My simple house was peachy :)

I think the only related mod is Thaumcraft, but research was epically boring and I got as far as golems before giving up due to hair loss. Golems when you think about it are just the same as clever pipes.
I guess I'll twiddle my thumbs until Ars Magica is fixed, hopefully it won't be too long ??? :)

As I'm stuck with just exploring in the meantime, could you turn off that odd zapping border feature please ?
I've never yet seen any warning message before being zapped and last time (being in a boat) I couldn't get away fast enough before it killed me.
Then I apparently respawn in a bed but suffocate in the ceiling above it ???
By default it only saves the last death location (which is now my bed) so I've no idea where on the map I've actually died, and since I was in a boat I've got very little chance of recovering my stuff from the seabed anyway.
The previous method of flipping you 180 degrees was sufficient I think :cool:

You can make several types of suit that offer flight, I know I've made the gravchestplate now on my mates server and it's pretty damn awesome :D Thaumcraft research up to flight is pretty expensive though even if it's relatively cheap to create once you have the research completed.

Associate
You can make several types of suit that offer flight, I know I've made the gravchestplate now on my mates server and it's pretty damn awesome :D
Have you seen the gregtech insanity of what's involved though ? https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0270249_62548212_42524 and that doesn't list the million other things required to get certain bits like Iridium :(

All that isn't practical for a player like me, while everyone else has nuclear reactors I'm still making cow farms :o

Associate
I'm guessing the new mod server is using this list of FTB mods:

http://feed-the-beast.com/mod-pack/unleashed

Now that looks like a lot of mods that do a lot of things...
Before I go searching for info on all of them (as the FTB site doesn't have any that I can find), does anyone have a list of stuff that one can do with all these mods?! Just the main things would be nice...

Take a look here Mat - FTB Wiki

This should give you a good overview of the mods and what they do.

Associate
Are you sure gregtech is on the pack we're using? I haven't done much but I haven't seen any evidence it is yet. A good old ic2 jet pack is pretty easy to put together if you want to fly around the place.
Oh I dumb, you are right it's not in, which means the macerator recipe is something else again I think. The jetpack was OK but really only for hovering around your house, the ARS Flight spell let you travel the world
Gawd now I miss the ARS Blink spell too :( I used that a thousand times a day. Actually why are we on this Unleashed pack anyway ? :confused:

Associate
Is there an easy way to get a nether star? (other than killing the nether thing) Trying to make a portal gun but the nether is fairly hostile :( are there any restrictions on making a wither too?

Just seen that there is a new recipe for it in NEI, hopefully that'll work.

Last edited:
Soldato
if theres any admins of both servers about can you check if im still registered or on the whitlist (danewesley) , i was going to play tekkit and vanilla sp but may aswell jump back on here.

also just incase what client version for vanilla is the server running on?

Associate
Is there an easy way to get a nether star? (other than killing the nether thing) Trying to make a portal gun but the nether is fairly hostile :( are there any restrictions on making a wither too?

Just seen that there is a new recipe for it in NEI, hopefully that'll work.

Are they not found in wooden chests underground on your server ? I had about seven of the things last time

I think I know an easy way of killing a wither, but the map got wiped before I could try it

Associate
sorry for lack of replies the last 2 days work deadline kicked in.

yes the ftb server no longer has gregtech it is gone rejoice
i did think i said that a few posts back

lokkite does not work on FTB as it has not been converted yet
I will be looking at safty locks

but you should be safe for now
i will be on over tomorrow night

Back
Top Bottom