Associate
Also ordered:

13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
2.8GHz Dual-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB PCIe-based Flash Storage

£1,581.60 + £50 Quidco cashback

Now I need to get rid of my Macbook Air :(

Are you getting rid of a latest gen MBA? what justified the change for you?

Soldato
The only good news is that it 'should' be supported with the next iteration of iOS

Indeed, most concerningly it'll be so far out of date hardware wise that it'll barely crawl along.

I have an original ipad 2, I assume the ipad 2 being sold is the same spec?
So an a5 dual core processor?
The 3 brought quad didn't it, the 4 brought proper quad with gfx processor, now the air is twice speed of the 4?

So the air is 4 or 8 times faster than a ipad 2? Both to run iOS 8 when it eventually danders along. Interesting. 2 still suits my browsing needs, would like a sharper display but given the damage the daughter can deal out, might as well stick with the old 2 for now. Was a 64GB back in its day, so no doubt cost me a fair whack then.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
• Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords and credit card numbers across all your approved devices
• Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts

Nice.

Loving the free software. :)

Soldato
Nice.

Loving the free software. :)

Always wondered how keychain works when you use a non apple computer etc... Could anyone clarify this mystery for me!

P.S. iWork for iCloud is now live on iCloud.com - currently having a nosey around and hoping the desktop version isn't as gimped!

Soldato
Well the new Mac pro is both interesting, and lack luster.

I want the 6 or 8-core one though, with top GPU's, and at least 1TB SSD, since external storage is a pain.

I'll add my own RAM to at least 32GB.

I'm annoyed they didn't even give any details about the new Final Cut Pro X.

Associate
Will be ordering the 15" rMBP with GT 750M in a few days, £1869 through student discount I get with uni. Still an eye watering amount of money but it's a serious specced machine. Was going to get last gen rMBP but glad I held on, Iris Pro and discrete GPU is crazy. :)

Associate
Will be ordering the 15" rMBP with GT 750M in a few days, £1869 through student discount I get with uni. Still an eye watering amount of money but its a serious specced machine. Was going to get last gen rMBP but glad I held on, Iris Pro and discrete GPU is crazy. :)

what made you go for that for uni? im thinking about 13inch RMBP as an upgrade to MBA

Back
Top Bottom