What Spidey is this?

Soldato
OP
Was asking an overclocking forum the first thing you did?
:rolleyes:

No, the first thing I did when I saw him was leave him alone (he was upstairs).
He then comes downstairs to join me watching the Football.
I let him have a little enjoyment from Dortmund beating Arsenal and wandering around.
I then proceeded to take a close-up picture of him.
I then put him outside (as the Mrs goes doolally around them).
I was then curious about what type he was and knowing there's probably someone on here who knew, I thought I'd ask.

So in answer to your question, no it wasn't the first thing I did. Thanks for asking though. ;)

Soldato
OH MY GOD ITS A FALSE BLACK WIDOW SPIDER!!!!! YOU REALLY HAVE TO VACATE THE PREMISES OR YOU WILL BE KILLED IVE SEEN LOADS OF NEWS REPORTS ABOUT HOW THESE SPIDERS ARE SO DEADLY, THEYRE JUST BREEDING TO KILL HUMANS LIKE US ITS REALLY BAD MAN THEY HAVE LOADS OF ARTICLES IN THE SUN AND ALL GOOD NEWSPAPERS LIKE THAT, ITS REALLY BAD JUST CHECK THE DAILY MAIL THEYRE EVERYWHERE TRYING TO GET AT US!!!

PLEASE GET OUT AND CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE SO THEY CAN BURN THE NEST OTHERWISE YOU WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was that too over the top? I know its not a false widow btw.

Man of Honour
Hoovered up one of those a few days ago, and then also hoovered up a small one with a fat body this morning, which I assume is a female common house spider.

For all I know, I now have a large clutch of baby spiders in the dyson.

Soldato
Was that too over the top? I know its not a false widow btw.

Yup, it's the even more common, false false widow.

I might start calling other completely non-dangerous creatures false <insert dangerous version of remotely related creature here>.

For example, at home I have a false tiger and I will be having false man-eating shark for dinner, before taking my false rabid wolf out for a walk...

Caporegime
No, the first thing I did when I saw him was leave him alone (he was upstairs).
He then comes downstairs to join me watching the Football.
I let him have a little enjoyment from Dortmund beating Arsenal and wandering around.
I then proceeded to take a close-up picture of him.
I then put him outside (as the Mrs goes doolally around them).
I was then curious about what type he was and knowing there's probably someone on here who knew, I thought I'd ask.

So in answer to your question, no it wasn't the first thing I did. Thanks for asking though. ;)

Seeing as you have mocked the mighty Gooners, I hope he kills you.

Caporegime
Yup, it's the even more common, false false widow.

I might start calling other completely non-dangerous creatures false <insert dangerous version of remotely related creature here>.

For example, at home I have a false tiger and I will be having false man-eating shark for dinner, before taking my false rabid wolf out for a walk...

We have got a lovely big false widow set up shop by our wheelie bin, and a garden spider who seems to have strategically placed his web over a venus fly trap.

Back
Top Bottom