*****Apple Fall Event 22nd Oct*****

Soldato
Seeing as how Mavericks is free, they should update the firmware on any Macs that support internet recovery. My 2011 MBP only boots up Lion if given the option, and you need to have purchased it on your account first... even if you have also bought Mountain Lion.

Soldato
Yes, air is the top model. In fact, both air and mini would be considered equal for spec, except screen size.

I'm really torn, iPad Air or Mini, since there basically the same but the Mini is smaller. Decision, Decision.

We don't know for sure that their specs are the same yet.

Yes, they both have the same resolutions screens and an A7 processor but beyond that there are questions. The processor may be clocked differently in each model and the memory may differ too. We'll need to wait until the full specs are determined.

Associate
what made you go for that for uni? im thinking about 13inch RMBP as an upgrade to MBA

I play quite a lot of games so the 750M will be great for that. I'll also be doing quite a lot of heavy graphical work and running quite a large amount of virtual machines so need 16gb RAM, the 512gb SSD also being a huge bonus as I'm constantly having to juggle space around on my 256gb at the moment.

I've customised these extras to the base model but it adds up at £1,783.20, may as well just get the higher end model with GPU and everything that I want for the extra £90, plus get the better CPU at the same time.

It is a great shame that Apple deliberately excluded the lower range model from having the 750M, bit of a poor decision IMO.

Caporegime
Nice ipad mini gets retina so that will be a purchase for me and £400 for a 32gb wifi isnt as bad as i thought it would be.

Will pick one up around xmas time but glad they added retina into the mini.

Caporegime
Late to the show. So the cheaper Mini is now £70 in the other direction and they are still continuing with the iPad 2, even though it costs almost as much as a Mini 2? Why on earth would someone buy an iPad 2 over a significantly more powerful Mini 2 or not just save a little more for the Air. Just like with 5c, pricing structures are peculiar. Still going to sell like hot cakes. As for the Air and Mini 2 - look very nice though was hoping for the Air to have something more over the Mini 2 that a couple of inches. For me, Nexus 7 for the best bang for buck/7 inch and then these two for the more premium line.....then the Surface 2 for those who want to spend almost £1k on a tablet ;). Be interesting to see what the new Nexus 10 has to offer.

Back
Top Bottom