WRC 4

Associate
Looks okay, will grab it at some point I expect!

I'd rather be playing a proper Colin Mcrae Rally really but we are stuck with that DiRT tripe for now :/

Permabanned
Not sure how safe it is, but you can buy the Russian version for like 12 euros and it works on steam? Never done that before with a game... I see people did it with CODs etc

Permabanned
Im not an expert on Rally games by any means but what I dont like is:

How crashes feel... OK thats not the point of a rally game, but if I hit a wall or a metal barrier, I stop dead... no spin, no flips, no rolling off.

OK the damage looks amazing and if you hit a ridge and stay within certain limits then you get the flips etc ... but again if you go outside some invisible barrier, the screen goes white and you are placed back on the track.

Graphics seem nice enough, runs on highest settings fine.

Caporegime
OP

its not too bad tracks are tighter than dirt series which is good but its not on the same level as RBR . decent enough game had quite a few goes now probably 7/8 out of ten.

hopefully new patches update few little annnoyances like forcefeed back on my wheel can suddenly dissapear and in certain settings odd lag now and then.

Associate
Is it better than WRC3 physics? That was good fun with a xbox controller for a laugh but it was awful with a wheel, cars felt like they were actually floating.

Associate
It's very amateur that's for sure or either that the guys making it have no passion. Can't believe I bought it, had a few too many to drinks on Saturday night saw this on steam and thought doesn't look too bad. Forgot the first one years ago that never got fixed and whilst this one is a bit better its still pretty poor.

Game won't detect pedals unless they are plugged into the wheel which I can't believe the developers are too lazy to code this one in. Unimpressed to say the least.

Caporegime
OP
as i said to a codie dev not long ago please in the next dirt make the tracks as wide as the cars and remove the stupid gui and youll have a winner.

ken block seems to have gone to EA so will be interesting to see what happens on the dirt front. codemasters are asking for testers to go to there place for feedback .

if you want the best rally game you play rbr and add the 2013 free mod .

i would rate for play in rally games

RBR
dirt 3
dirt 1
dirt 2
wrc 1
wrc4

sort of that order. kinda sad that a game ten years old is still the best rally game :( .

Associate
I was going to buy wrc4 but after the recent reviews & not just from here i,ll give it a miss also i bought RBR a few weeks back & it works really well with the G27 still a great game , but what site do you use to get the free 2013 mod ?

Back
Top Bottom