MCP35X2 or MCP35X

Associate
So trying to decide on either a MCP35X2 or single MCP35X for a 560 monsta rad, single gpu, mobo and cpu blocks. I know the single pump would be fine but im wondering if running dual pumps means each pump is running 50% of a single for the same pwm setting meaning less heat generated and less total noise. If they are both 100% in realise its more noise but im not looking for maximum performance just a balance of noise and performance.
Thoughts? maybe my thinking is flawed.
also doesnt look like anyone in the uk actually has them in stock anyways.

Associate
For a 560 I'd be tempted to go with 2 pumps just for redundancy and guaranteed flow rate. A 560 is more than adequate to cool your components. Some nice fans with that rad and I daresay you'll have a pretty quiet and cool running loop

Associate
I used to run an 35x2 on a multi rad multi block loop. It it had more than enough power on the lowest setting to create sufficient flow.

Each pump has its own PWM connection, meaning if you have a motherboard with twin independent PWM headers you could run them both at different speeds; though I wouldn't recommend that unless you want to kill the pumps.

If you run both at 50% you won't get the equivalent of one pump at 100% it doesn't quite work like that. The main benefit of dual pumps is increased head pressure rather than flow, i.e. the more head the more you can push with a restrictive loop.

In all seriousness if you are running a single rad plus a couple of blocks make sure your tubing's secure!

Back
Top Bottom