*****Official Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution discussion thread*****

Soldato
Just done the first boss fight against Barret.

In the original, you were in a small area, as he slowly walked around shooting at you...it was pretty poor tbh.

Now, the area is much, much larger. I am not sure of all of the tactics you can now use, but I ended up crawling through a few vents to get in to secret rooms, in order to hack terminals to open up doors to new areas, then I hacked one terminal to control turrets, but as I did not have the strength enhancement, I could not move them to place them where they could do damage(they are in a small room), so I had to lure Barret in to room, and let them take care of him. Barret still has to be killed of course, so that the cutscene remains the same. Tbh, it was a lot of effort when it probably would have been easier to just kill him myself:p

Also, there are some security cameras in the room which can spot you and tell Barret where you are, not sure if they were in before?

All in all, much improved....if you are rubbish at combat, it works out pretty well, but if you are slightly proficient with any upgraded weapon, it is probably less hassle to just kill him yourself tbh

I forgot how brilliant this game was! (and how much the UI annoyed me)

Associate
what about new install, can older be deleted or saves etc?

Same question, sort of.
I'm actually half way through playing the original and want to install the saves onto the new game. I can't find the game save folder on the original though. I would love to play the rest of the game on the new version.
Any ideas?

Edit. Seems it can't be done...

Last edited:
Soldato
what about new install, can older be deleted or saves etc?

Saves should be saved to the Steam cloud, at least they are for me with the original DE:HR.

The Directors Cut is a separate install with the DLC merged into it, so there is no point in keeping the original game installed if you have it installed.

zer

zer

Associate
So, no way to play half the game from the originalHR and ,now, continue with the Director's Cut version, without having to start all over again?

Associate
So started playing the directors cut of this and it doesnt seem to recognise the 2nd 7950 at all. I just loaded up the Sleeping Dogs benchmark and it recognises both fine so the cards are working ok. Anyone know why this is?

Also (Quest question added in spoilers)

Could you always talk down Sanders at the end of the first mission to save the hostage? Been a long time since I played it

Associate
Yeah you always could :)

I did it a bit differently this time, I shot him with a tranq before he could shoot her after selecting the "fight" option, she lived and the cops arrested him, I guess I won't get his little side-mission later on but we will see :D

Soldato
Good news for those who hated the yellow lighting/tint throughout the game. It looks like there's been a major overhaul in toning this down in the Director's Cut. I can't confirm whether this is true or not, as I have limited space on my hdd and haven't installed it yet. Very interesting if true.

EDIT:

Confirmed

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm so annoyed that I've just found out about this. I randomly started re-playing through the original DE:HR and I'm about 3/4 of the way through :( The directors cut was almost perfect timing, if only I knew it was coming!

Playing with a "kill everything... loudly" policy atm. Not as fun as playing sneaky but it can be satisfying at times. Using cloak to sneak into groups of baddies before typhooning them all at once puts a grin on my face every time.

Soldato
I have just always used Sweetfx to change the tint anyway, looks great.

I use this one, as it removes most of the tint, adds smaa, but doesn't make it too dark like most configs do.

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/101/

Unfortunately the last time I tried to run it the game ran like poo, so bit reluctant to give it another go unless things have improved performance wise.

Back
Top Bottom