Advice please- sluggish

Associate
Hi all,

My specs are [email protected], 4gb (4x1gb PC6400), 9500GT, AC97 sound, and Win 7 Home Prem 64bit. I've updated all my drivers but am getting some stuttering on videos, and have just run Aquamark, I know it's old but was just comparing to other benchmarks which are much higher than mine. This started with my old cpu (E2160 @ 3ghz).

I get around 8,000 for CPU and 6,000 for GPU whereas ones I've seen are up near 20,000 for 9500GT.

When I'm listening to music or watching youtube whilst scrolling through a website or a PDF the sound stutters.

I've downloaded CPU-Z and GPU-Z, screenies are below.

hrb.png

vp6q.png

Could it be worth formatting and reinstalling win 7? Or could it be something else?

Thanks in advance :)

PS Strangely, my screen has just blanked out, and has now come back with no aero effects...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I decided to reinstall Windows on another drive. Ran Aquamark with the built in drivers, now scoring over 10k for cpu and 18k for gpu.

When I tried installing new drivers for graphics card the software said it couldn't find compatible hardware :(

Soldato
Turn flash hardware acceleration off, see if that helps.... but the long and short of it is that your GPU is letting you down.

See if you can pick up an 8800gt for 15 quid second hand ... It'll be a big improvement

Associate
OP
It's a MSI P35-Neo2-FR, gfx is in top PCI-E, theres no power connector on the card.

Tried using the auto detect which gave me the same drivers I had already downloaded.

I have a GTX550Ti to go in when I can find my DVI cable which is in the shed.

thanks for suggestions guys :)

Associate
OP
Have put in new graphics card and my frame rates on FS9 have gone from around 9fps (very detailed scenery) up to 40fps on my old installation of Win 7.

Debating getting a SSD to load OS on, but I'm just glad things seem better now.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom