** NVIDIA PRICE DROP: GTX 780 & 770 MASSIVE PRICE DROP!! **

Soldato
Bradmax57: Doesn't matter, i've noticed someone else getting rid of them on the members market, i foresee a flood of 3 certain games in the next couple of weeks.

Soldato
As I mentioned in couple of the other threads I'm tempted to DSR the sapphire 290x bf4 and get the MSI 780 lightning, what's the performance like between the 290x oced and the 780 over? I'll be gaming on a dell u2711 so 1440 res.

Also will be watercooling in the future so would it be better to save some money and go with the cheapest reference card?

Watercooling at 1440p I'd stick with the 290X. Temps hold it back a bit versus the 780 when it comes to overclocking, but on water you should be able to get the best out of it.

Soldato
I just noticed that the AMD 290 claims directx11.2 while the Nvidia 780 is directx11.1, anyone know the difference?
* hmmm it seems it's the new massive texture tiling system that the xboxOne will also use, I wonder if this means new directx11.2 cards are due.

Last edited:
Soldato
7 days to inform them, 28 days to return it for DSR isn't it?

Normally DSR is 7 days but ocuk offer double that(14days).

But my point is how long do I have to DSR the 290x, its how long is the 780 lightning etc are on offer at their current price(as they're on the 'this week only' so will go up a bit).
Is it going to be
a) they're going to be on the 'this week' only price for a 'extended' period as they only got reduced further yesterday giving people little longer to decide/more people to see the new price,

b) take the 'you snooze you loose' approach and put the price up on Wednesday when the new products go on the 'this week only' offer.

Associate
I just noticed that the AMD 290 claims directx11.2 while the Nvidia 780 is directx11.1, anyone know the difference?
* hmmm it seems it's the new massive texture tiling system that the xboxOne will also use, I wonder if this means new directx11.2 cards are due.

Not if you are on Windows 7 ;)

Soldato
Nice prices but if anything it kinda highlights how greedy Nvidia were in the first place.

Doesn't really make me want to give them my money tbh. I feel truely sorry for the numpty's who jumped in and bought the Titan.

Soldato
Nice prices but if anything it kinda highlights how greedy Nvidia were in the first place.

This and the huge number of driver problems they had and DIDNT FIX on many of their older generation cards is why ATI/AMD get my money.

I honestly think AMD did a great thing by releasing their latest range at some insane price points... They had to do something as all benchmarks show the range change didn't give us much performance and the new cards running very warm even at stock speeds (hopefully opening the way for a wider range of custom/branded/competition coolers).

Associate

Doesn't really make me want to give them my money tbh. I feel truely sorry for the numpty's who jumped in and bought the Titan.

It's not greedy it business, if you were selling a car and thought you could get £10,000 for it would you advertise it at £9,000

Back
Top Bottom