Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Can anyone recommend a product to remove all the wax and leave a surface ready for a detail? I want to do a full clean as I am fed up of doing parts when the weather allows :p Hope to do the lot one day this week; Clay, polish, wax etc :D

Soldato
I have always struggled to find a good glass cleaner for inside windscreens?
I wash the glass (if it's been wet with condensation or generally dirty) with warm water with a tiny drop of fairy liquid (or dod juice cleaner) in.
Then;
Dry It,
Glass Cleaner (W5)
Polish
Wipe with MF Cloth.

I do this before I do ANYTHING else inside the car as there's usually some dried polish floating about! It leaves them sparkling :)

McB

McB

Associate
any ideas folks?

I did pick up some Amorall wipes on a 3 for 2 to try and to be honest they were pretty good. Got the worst of the crud off the leather and put some softness back into it.

Should snow foam be taking most of the muck off? I am a bit disappointed and tried a couple now (demonshine and valet pro) but not sure if it is my Pressure washer. It's a Karcher K5 and it just does not seem to take the residue off, it always leaves a lot on round the wheel arches so always needs a good hand wash too rather than a quick clean. Am I expecting too much from it?

Soldato
I see people are using RO water for cleaning cars. Does they dry without leaving water marks?

Just am thinking of setting up a system in one of the sheds as am looking to get into marine fishkeeping also

Natural Look Dressing applied with either a shoe brush or the foam end of a scouring pad for a deeper finish.
Cheers just i find megs gets all over my fingers and bottle

Soldato
I see people are using RO water for cleaning cars. Does they dry without leaving water marks?

Just am thinking of setting up a system in one of the sheds as am looking to get into marine fishkeeping also

See my post from a few months back http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24588510&postcount=7456

RO water is great and if there are any light marks (from the 2 TDS) you can remove them really easy with a quick detailer but it isn't really necessary for a general wash.

I also have another 450GPD system with a DI pod which is for my marine fish and the output is 0 TDS.

Soldato
See my post from a few months back http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24588510&postcount=7456

RO water is great and if there are any light marks (from the 2 TDS) you can remove them really easy with a quick detailer but it isn't really necessary for a general wash.

I also have another 450GPD system with a DI pod which is for my marine fish and the output is 0 TDS.

Looks the business. I have plumbing and electricity in one of the sheds so should look into it more.

Soldato
Looks the business. I have plumbing and electricity in one of the sheds so should look into it more.

You only need electricity if your water pressure is low and have to run a booster pump (to force the water through the RO membrane).

Obviously jet washer needs power also ;)

Soldato
Did some headlight restoration on my sisters Golf today. The lenses were in terrible condition and with just £3.50 wet/dry sandpaper from eBay, my rotary polisher, and less than 2 hours of my time - they are looking near brand new.

l555.jpg

re8d.jpg

v54d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom