***Official Batman Arkham Origins Thread***

Soldato
Well that is reassuring... I hoped it might just be "more of the same" but devoid of any attempt to take the series in a new direction or whatever (due to being a different studio)... Still I may wait until it gets a bit cheaper first

Associate
Wow this Deathstroke is one of the most appallingly bad boss battles I've ever encountered :(.

I thought the same until I worked out what I was doing wrong and then he wasn't anywhere near as hard as I initially thought. The trick like others have mentioned is:
When Deathstroke attacks you with what appears to be an uncounterable move, do not try to counter until the button prompt appears on screen. If you pre-empt it, you will fail and take damage. If you wait for the prompt it will allow you to successfully counter him, if you do it at the right time. It feels counter-intuitive but once you get used to it, he's relatively easy to take down.

Soldato
ive just started downloading this today, got to 11gb and just now i noticed steam had closed.

i started steam up and it had started downloading from 0%!!

there is 18GB in the install directory though.

you think its just downloading the missing 5-6 GB and will finish then??

Rome 2 does something similar. i ahve release day backed up, would copy it into install directory, will say downloading 10 GB but will download 4 and finish then.

god i hope so.

Commissario
16meg patch just released.

Here's the full changelog:

Fixed player progression reset when leaving the title
Fixed consumables not being used/applied when activated in the pre-match lobby
Fixed Arkham credits not being awarded after playing a match
Fixed cases where purchasing credits were not working
Reduced map vote countdown from 30 to 15 seconds
Reduced map start countdown from 10 to 5 seconds
To everyone playing on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, we've not forgotten about you, either, and are working on some stuff to make your experience better too. Stay tuned.

Keep your feedback coming, everyone!

Nothing about the Burnley Tower Bug. :(

Soldato
I seem to have run into a pretty major gamebreaking bug.

When you meet the Mad Hatter and he zaps you into wonderland, you have to throw batarangs at lanterns to lower a bridge. But you cant AIM the batarangs, so you cant hit the lanters! Which means I'm now completely stuck!

I noticed that, however it isn't a bug, you have to stand on the electrified floor at the end to aim, so you have to time it right.

ive just started downloading this today, got to 11gb and just now i noticed steam had closed.

i started steam up and it had started downloading from 0%!!

there is 18GB in the install directory though.

you think its just downloading the missing 5-6 GB and will finish then??

Rome 2 does something similar. i ahve release day backed up, would copy it into install directory, will say downloading 10 GB but will download 4 and finish then.

god i hope so.

You sure it isn't just verifying the files you already have? Often it will still say downloading even when its unpacking or verfying, so people think its downloading twice. Check the Network activity to see if it is actually downloading.

16meg patch just released.

Nothing about the Burnley Tower Bug. :(

Indeed, it was the first thing I tried once I spotted something had been downloaded. Still hasn't been fixed. It isn't game breaking though, so thats something.

Caporegime
Oh FFS! Decided to continue to play but now can't progress with the main storyline as no objective markers are shown.

Came out of the boat after defeating the death stroke (bug there too which meant a restart was needed) and then carried out one of the bomb defuse missions, had to exit and come back to the game and no objective markers :rolleyes:

Objective is locate black mask.

Not bothering with this game till this **** is fixed!

Last edited:
Soldato
I noticed that, however it isn't a bug, you have to stand on the electrified floor at the end to aim, so you have to time it right.

You sure it isn't just verifying the files you already have? Often it will still say downloading even when its unpacking or verfying, so people think its downloading twice. Check the Network activity to see if it is actually downloading.

Indeed, it was the first thing I tried once I spotted something had been downloaded. Still hasn't been fixed. It isn't game breaking though, so thats something.

its re downloading the whole thing.

30 mins to go now

Man of Honour
so i take it this game is greatly unoptimized, like arkham city...?

how to screenshot on windows 7

look at that gpu usage.

thats with max settings, physx high.

click image for proper view.

using latest nvidia drivers.

I get 99% GPU usage playing the game at 1920x1200 maxed out, PhysX off and TXAA on low with a GTX 680. Almost constant 60 FPS or more, with occasional stutters. Mainly when the game auto saves or sometimes when gliding for longer periods. It certainly runs better than AC did on the same hardware.

The only bug I've encountered so far is the Burnley tower bug, plus I've had one crash.

Soldato
Hilarious that reviews are slating this for being the same as the last one yet rave over every released COD game. Hypocrisy anyone? I suspect a steady flow of brown envelopes help to keep the COD scores high.....

Last edited:
Associate
I loved AC but AC bored the hell out of me after about an hour.

Is this just as good as AC?

Story wise im really enjoying this.....where as Arkham City actually bored me...allthough I loved the game play.

This is a better game for me, purley becuase the story is better and the gameplay is exactly the same.

Really enjoying this game.

Soldato
I got fed up waiting on a patch so am replaying AA. Damn it's fantastic!! The scarecrow sections are so well integrated, so imaginative, clever, fun....

AA is awesome, I'll replay AC next. Hopefully by then AO will be fixed. It's definitely disappointing compared to the first two, but if it worked it wouldn't be a bad game at all, I'd happily play through.
Just frustrating that it's a bit knackered right now.

Back
Top Bottom