Skoda

Soldato
Just picked up the new vRS Octavia estate

Damn it's good.

Early days but car all good. Down the road home (35 miles) and averaged 53mpg! Short shifting just now as he recommended that the 1st 200 miles or so to just help the engine in. He did say that you could boot it from the off if you really wanted mind you.

Touch screen radio/main interface is excellent, very nice and easy to use. Car looks great with the white colour/black grill/mirror/roof rails etc.

Extra set of mats chucked in as well. One rubber set of mats and one carpet set of mats.

Overall very happy bunny with pictures to follow tomorrow hopefully if weather allows!

Soldato
Anyone who's interested pic's below.

10495800324_aba000ecf8_z.jpg

10495803744_e3329f9868_z.jpg

10495796896_ecef6000ec_z.jpg

10495992503_b56c265d11_z.jpg

10495804696_3ebb817259_z.jpg

10495813345_df9355c274_z.jpg

Associate
Front brakes Disc brakes, with hollow discs,
internal cooling and single-piston floating
calliper.

Rear brakes Disc brakes with full discs and
single-piston floating callipers.

no size in the brochure annoyingly

Soldato
Anyone else taken advantage of the 0% finance deal on the new octavia vrs? Seems pretty good if you only intend to have the car for the duration of the PCP deal - quite tempted on the 1 month + 36 month deal, £339 for the petrol hatchback with the GFV at the end.
I know it would be preferable to get it on a large deposit HP based deal, but the 0% makes it very appealing considering I am likely to be bored with the car after the three years anyway

Soldato
If I could get it down by 5% I would be very very tempted. Any tips for securing that discount? I had a look on carfile and the discounts are pretty good but aren't compatible with the 0% deal / servicing deal.

Soldato
If I could get it down by 5% I would be very very tempted. Any tips for securing that discount? I had a look on carfile and the discounts are pretty good but aren't compatible with the 0% deal / servicing deal.

hit me up with your email address and i'll send you a quote I got from carfile WITH the 0%. I used it for bargaining with my local dealer.

Also travelling home last night, and it was interesting to see the "lane assist" function working

Lane assistant*. The Lane assistant uses the camera behind the rear view mirror to recognise lane markings and help keep the driver within the lane, preventing drifting and potential collisions. When adequate lane
markings are identified the dashboard light will turn green and the car will be kept in the centre of the lane, even through corners, with small corrections of the steering wheel.

Should the driver wish to move out of the lane,the system will recognise the indicator and movement and allow the corrections to be overridden. The system can be deactivated partially or fully using the touchscreen display

It actually works well - you can feel the car "slightly correcting" the steering if you drift towards the lines/markings on the road. Pretty impressive really - you can switch it off as well but pretty impressed with it. So if your slightly distracted and start to drift towards the side or another lane, it gently corrects the car.

Soldato
Really like that vRS estate.

I wouldn't mind a vRS diesel hatch for when I start commuting 500+ miles a week to work next year, I'm a fan of that interior and I want a car which is nice to be in for the driver.

Back
Top Bottom