*** The iPad Air thread ***

Caporegime
Somewhere for us new air owners to discuss our new toy. What are your early thoughts.

I'm already in love. Can't believe how thin it is!

20131101_110029_zps86562da3.jpg
[/\

Soldato
Good things:

Smart Case lid has a lip so it's easier to open
Much lighter!
Better charger

Bad things:

No Touch ID which is a big downer for me
Still feels heavy after a while requiring you to pick up an older tablet to remind yourself of the weight savings

HAz

HAz

Soldato
Do you even lift, bro?

LOL!

I got mine about an hour ago at argos lols. Im liking it the design is better, not sure if the speaker is as loud as before and the glass makes a different tapping noise so not sure if its a strong?

And done a few reps with it so far.

HAz

HAz

Soldato
My girlfriend was completely against me gettin one, I have just sent her a picture message of me half naked on the bed in some tight cycle pants kissing my new ipad air, she will be raging now :D

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Picked up a 32Gb Grey wifi from Argos at lunchtime. :D
Replaces an iPad 2 that was getting cranky, albeit not all its own fault!

So far, like the smaller size and the weight difference is quite noticeable.
Really see the difference with the retina display too.
IOS7 is a bit smoother than on my 2 as well.

Just downloading all my apps now!

Soldato
Got my 32 GB Space Grey, really like it. It's so much nicer especially when I hold it after my iPad 3. The form factor is very nice, I couldn't find anybody in the office today with an iPad mini to see the difference in person.

Here is one of the main reasons I bought it, to see the difference in wireless speeds:

X4QVU4K.jpg.png

Done one after the other, iPad air on left, iPad 3 on right... Hopefully now performance should be better in my house when streaming video... the iPad 3 wasn't exactly slow but in real life it feels very slow at times.... possibly its just the iPad or the superhub.... Will see.

I don't like IOS7 though... looks childish.

Qel

Qel

Associate
Extremely tempted... thinking I'd go for at least 64gb but whether to bother with 3g or not I don't know. Whilst many places I'd use it at do have wifi it still might be nice to have...

anyway grats to those of you with your new gadget, keep the pictures coming :)

Soldato
Extremely tempted... thinking I'd go for at least 64gb but whether to bother with 3g or not I don't know. Whilst many places I'd use it at do have wifi it still might be nice to have...

Personally I find it SO useful having the Internet available on it all the time, no matter where I am.

Back
Top Bottom