Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
panoramic sunroof (that tilts open about 1" and that is it), auto folding mirrors, dsg, 19" alloys, dynaudio, touch screen dvd/sat nav/dab with ipod dock and Bluetooth phone link, leather, winter pack, 12 way electrically adjustable front seats (yes, that is an optional extra) emmm think that's it

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Picked up Mrs rjk's mk2.5 MX5 Arctic this morning.
Not the weather for it but its a great car. Secretly a bit jealous.

IMG_20131101_115859.jpg

IMG_20131101_124122.jpg

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Hers is slightly darker. Not by much. She wanted a yellow one, but finding anything without rusty chassis rails was a task in itself.

So grey happened.

From a driving point of view, I drove it back from the dealer. Handling is superb despite the softer damping to my type R. Love the gearbox.
Steering is direct and exact. I like the way the car darts about. If anything, it feels like a rwd hot hatch if that makes sense.

Bit jealous. But it has spurred on my S2000 hunt somewhat

Last edited:
Soldato
Hers is slightly darker. Not by much. She wanted a yellow one, but finding anything without rusty chassis rails was a task in itself.

So grey happened.

From a driving point of view, I drove it back from the dealer. Handling is superb despite the softer damping to my type R. Love the gearbox.
Steering is direct and exact. I like the way the car darts about. If anything, it feels like a rwd hot hatch if that makes sense.

Bit jealous. But it has spurred on my S2000 hunt somewhat

Do you find it more/less fun than your EP3?

My mx5 is way more fun to drive than my old FN2 was.

Associate
A few pre-restoration phone pics:

P030808_2000_s.jpg

P010808_1226_s.jpg

P010808_1232_s.jpg

I've done new exhaust and heat exchangers and replaced the (massively gunked up) fuel system. She's currently away having her engine fettled, because I'm not touching that bloody thing :D

Soldato
Macha0n, lovey car! That engine looks like it hasn't been used for some years. Guessing it had been stood for a while.

Should really get a thread up about it and what plans you have got for it. Would love to hear and see pics of it coming along.

Back
Top Bottom