******Official War Thunder Thread*******

Soldato
I'll hopefully be around tonight. Spent last night lugging a piano around for a friend so was too knackered to do much else!

Anyone fancy a bit of level 0-1 biplane action tonight?

Associate
You know that the x5 is only for the first win of the day with that nation right? Not each plane.

Yes indeed. But with 5 nations there are nights when getting those 5 wins seems to take for ever, especially if you want to move onto other stuff. I'm not all that bothered about them when they are only 2x anyway but the 5x rounds can be a nice little boost.

Soldato
Played with the A20G last night. Epic plane for arcade mode, you can dive straight into a load of bad guys, shoot them up pretty bad and swoop underneath to let your turret gunner finish them off.

Soldato
Played with the A20G last night. Epic plane for arcade mode, you can dive straight into a load of bad guys, shoot them up pretty bad and swoop underneath to let your turret gunner finish them off.

Right up until the moment when I stick a couple of rockets into your tubby plane*... ;)

* if I can catch it :(

Associate
Thought I'd repost this and make some additions. Will probably update and repost from time to time.

A little general info on the squadron and squad play for people just joined or thinking of joining.

You don't need to be an ace pilot to be part of the squadron and if you do not wish to take part in the squads we form then it is no issue.
All members stats count towards the squadron ranking so you can help in that way even if you never join a squad.

Our usual level of squad play is ranks 6-7 or 8-9 where we tear up the skies with our spitfires and other favourite Brit planes.
But we do have great fun dropping back to the starter ranks and messing around in biplanes etc, so if someone would like some squad play but feels their ranking is too low don't worry there will be players willing to join you.

Just come into the squadron chat and say hello nothing bad can happen.. unless Spangles starts singing!

Well said sir. :) One thing I'd like to add is, if you've got a mic, get it plugged in. Not only does it help greatly with gameplay, it's actually a good laugh. This is coming from someone who is normally very reluctant to go on voice coms (although the others won't believe this :p)
Likewise with me, I've never used comms so much online before.

I strongly recommend everyone takes a look at the post and video by Delboy, his method of dealing with headons has greatly reduced my death count and the other 5 points mentioned are well worth following.
Delboy/Defrag helpful post

Erm Delboy? Where is the smoke trails? The sky was not filled in snot green vapour!
If you check your OcUK flight handbook, on page 15 it clearly says, "Smoke trails must be present and the colour is Snot Green."
I will tell Kwango and he can fly on your tail and check. And when I say on you tail, it probably will be ON.
Yes when flying as part of the squadron your smoke must be green and should always be turned on at the start of a round. Your choice if you turn it off before battle starts.

Full squadron list below with in game names if significantly different from players forum name. Current members 35, ranked 184th
Squadron members.
The Kwango (Squadron leader)
Boycey0211 (Officer)
Spangles (Officer)
Tim_Enchanter
Delboy \ Defrag0112
RevBillyG
StuSteel
Stev \ Aenrion
Vidar
Eames
ReppyBoyo
Doofski \ Kutter
Chris-82 \ MrAmbrosius
Skeletor
Quish
Antony101
Wilber (MIA suspected lost to a vicious toasted sandwich)
matt_fsr
JamesM \ Jam0r
Firebar
Komedy
ReltonBFD
Xcept1 \ pandah
Grant666uk
Nurple
adwol48 \ reborn demon
Dappy
jack_008 \ JimpleSack
Outcastspartan
OvEr_KiLL
Dievixer
redstar1 \ Duggan1
citizenx13
Arch \ James9
EssexBoy \ essexjay

Last edited:
Soldato
good post Tim.

My Wife is always telling me off for laughing too loud when shes trying to watch tv. So much fun flying with you guys. Just a pity theres only 4 peeps in chat at once.

Soldato
good post Tim.

My Wife is always telling me off for laughing too loud when shes trying to watch tv. So much fun flying with you guys. Just a pity theres only 4 peeps in chat at once.

You are all welcome to join my mumble server, it means you can chat when the game is not active, between rounds when the in-game chat stops. It also means you can move channels if you'd prefer to be away from the general banter and concentrate on your platoons chat instead.

My steam name is defrag_0112, add me and I'll send details. I don't want to post the details here as this can be read by non forum members.

Soldato
So, decided to add to my videos and try a voice over (oh dear - go easy on me!) with a few techniques I tend to use when flying and it serves me pretty well.

Hope it helps all those looking for tips and tricks on improving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom