***The Official LG Optimus G2 Thread***

Soldato
I will do. In the last year I've had plenty of Android phones, old and new - So I should be able to compare it to some of them (Most recent android being Note 2).

Associate
Went from an iphone 4 to this. Screen and battary are amazing. Good deal with voda on 4g. Gps works fine., dont use the back buttons,abit,fiddley for,me double tap is great.

Soldato
This turned up about 12, and I've been playing with it since! It's far too early to tell, but the battery feels just as good, if not better than the Note 2! Oh and LG's skin is actually nice I think, I'm even contemplating not changing it :o

Associate
Soldato
Getting rid of my iphone 5 and thinking about grabbing on off those, Stoosh (or anyone else who's done the same) are your still happy with it? no problems with the imported model in the UK?

Mate, just go for it. The phone's incredible, the battery just goes on and on. You won't be disappointed, that's for sure. Touch wood I haven't had any problems so far with my imported model.

LG's skin isn't intrusive at all and actually is very helpful, it's a great phone and IMO the best of the current bunch of phones that's out there.

Soldato
The only problem I have with the phone so far, is that it's really difficult to hold onto, with the back being so slippery! Shouldn't be a problem once a case is here though.

Soldato
After umming and ahhing for the past 2 months over the Note3 Nexus5 and G2 I think I've finally settled on the G2. That ebay link looks good Stoosh - Thanks.

Camera and Video has been an important selling point for me this time round. I'd have almost certainly gone for the Note3 if it had OIS and I might have gone for the Nexus 5 if it had 1080p @ 60fps support.

That said I was keen not to buy Samsung if possible and I was a bit concerned the Nexus 5 screen might be a bit small coming from a Note1.

Main concerns with the G2 is:
- lack of developer support, hopefully there will be enough to keep me interested
- lack of SD card (or 64GB), I need to make the plunge and find me a cloud photo service
- Shiny back, ewww (but the front is gorgeous)

Unless I have any last minutes changes of heart I'll be ordering at the weekend. Excited :D

Soldato
No worries Mate, they're a reputable company and their customer service and comms are great and you'll get peace of mind when you shop with them as you're updated every step of the way.

TBH I wasn't that keen on the G2 to begin with but it's grown on me, I'm appreciating the little extra touches that LG's baked into the ROM such as QSlide, Quick Note, Wireless storage system where you can wirelessly transfer files. It's brilliant, I've had a lot of smart phones but this is possibly the best out there at the moment.

I'm going to be honest the camera good but not as good as the S4 in terms of consistency, however once you get to know how to take shots accordingly then they're fairly decent. I still prefer the S4 pictures though.

The picture below was taken around 4.30pm when light was low and it was quite murky, I had to fire off the flash.

The battery on the G2 is the most impressive thing, it lasts for ages, I also love knock knock it's such a simple feature but so addictive and it becomes intuitive to use just like the buttons on the rear of the device.

Dev support is getting better, on XDA all manner of ROMs are cropping up and it's increasing, you have PAC MAN ROM, Carbon, PA, CM10 - all the main ROMs.

For storing you pictures you can use Dropbox, you can basically allow Dropbox to upload your photos as you take them or even use Google Drive which does the same thing.

As for the back yes it's shiny and if you get a black G2 you'll be forever wiping the fingerprints off, so I recommend you get a case straight away.

I recommend the case below from Diztronic, I've got it and it's excellent, superb protection and it's grippy.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the input stoosh, i just ordered the G2 from the link you posted :D

Now for a case and screen protector, will look into that Diztronic (bargain) and maybe the Spigen.

Associate
My only gripe with the LG G2 is it'll probably never see KitKat. LG are hopeless with software updates.

It's a beautiful device though.

It will....

http://www.androidsas.com/2013/11/lg-g2-rumored-to-get-android-44-kit-kat.html

..and if there isn't a kit kat ROM available by end of Nov / Mid Dec I'd be hugely surprised. I bought this phone to have a better than nexus 5 (better battery, camera, button placement, screen size etc) stock google phone
so it has to happen! :)

Soldato
Promising news. I remain unconvinced though:p

the only devices that get updates when promised are Nexus devices. LG, Samsung, Sony and HTC are always hopeless with updates because they have to wait around for carriers to apply their bloatware.

Back
Top Bottom