• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***GTX 780 Ti Owners Thread***

Man of Honour
Definitely hit apply as I can see the increase in performance.

Wondering whether I might actually be hitting a bottleneck? People were suggesting that with 1 card I shouldn't be hitting the PCIe 2 limit (need an Ivy Bridge to enable my PCIe 3) but maybe it actually is?

You should be fine for avoiding a bottleneck.

I just ran this

I have turned my 3960X into a 2500k by disabling 2 cores, disabling hyperthreading, oced to 4.3, Ram @1600 and running PCI-E 2.0

Single GTX 690 using tha same settings as you did on Heaven 4

c0yc.jpg

Associate
So am I just not very good at this? :D

Just run some more 1440p benches having re-clocked my 2500K to 4.55GHz and now up to +225 GPU and +300 Memory yielding:

3eR2hBG.png

I still can't get screenshots working in engine for some reason. F12 key doing nothing for me.

Man of Honour
So am I just not very good at this? :D

Just run some more 1440p benches having re-clocked my 2500K to 4.55GHz and now up to +225 GPU and +300 Memory yielding:

3eR2hBG.png

I still can't get screenshots working in engine for some reason. F12 key doing nothing for me.

Pressing F12 saves your screenshot in yourfiles\Heaven\screenshots\*.tga

You may need third party software to open the tga file.

1113 is a good score for 1440p

Associate
It's been saving them on my SSD!

Thanks for the heads up. System wide search for *.tga found the folder.

I can finally post in the Heaven benchmark thread :D

Associate
I wonder when Nvidia are going to release the R331.70 driver. That's what they used for their own marketing benchmarks so I assume there is a performance boost.

Soldato
I wonder when Nvidia are going to release the R331.70 driver. That's what they used for their own marketing benchmarks so I assume there is a performance boost.

That driver was only for GTX 780ti review testing.. Bit dodgy lol. Nvidia releasing another driver to public later in month..

Associate
OP
Managed to get my overclock to settle at

100mhz core
400mhz memory on stock volts

Had to use a custom fan curve starting at 50% though.

This yields a boost of about 1200mhz core continuous in BF4 multiplayer.

Associate
OP
Where can we get the classified tool from, Not on the EVGA site.

And what are the different sliders for ? It has NVVDD, FBVDD and PEXVDD ?

Good questions!

However overvolting the GPU if it is hitting the power target limit isn't going to help infact it will just reach that limit sooner.

There's also an argument to say down clocking the memory to reduce power consumption by the memory can free more core headroom. Not sure how accurate that is.

What we need is an unlocked power target bios.

Associate
Just at little question - has any of you upgraded from a GTX 780 to a GTX 780 Ti and have you noticed any difference in gaming performance/experience as such ? (when you're not looking at numbers) :)

Back
Top Bottom