Windows 7 or 8

Permabanned
Hi guys I've recently built my cousin a computer however I stupidly forgot that she'll need an Operating system :p

Are there any free downloads available for the windows 7 or 8 preview before the windows 7 copy comes.

You can download Windows 7 from Digital River and run that for up to 30 days before your license key comes. If you download the same version as the one you've ordered then you should not even have to reinstall, just pop in your license key and activate. Job done. :)

Not sure whether Windows 8 has the same 30 days (or higher) trial period, but in theory the same could be done for that, with a Windows 8 license key.

Permabanned
OP
Hey that'd be great however I'm having problems with making the pc post, I've just made it today however I put a usb in to make it boot nothing, Windows 7 disc nothing. It's really strange everything powers up yet no signal on my monitor.

I'm connecting the monitor to the gpu thought that would be fine

Permabanned
OP
No but the CPU has a built in GPU I was wondering whether connecting the monitor to the onboard gpu it might post a display? :D

Associate
Yer sorry meant CPU, worth a go.

Have a read about changing it over to the card, not sure how you do it, but know you can.

Permabanned
OP
If it doesn't post a display then I'm completely lost for leads I've built a lot of pc's before so it would stump me if it doesnt :(.

When I started the computer with it connected to the dedicated GPU all the fans starting perfecting sounded right, lights were present just no display :(

Associate
Either your monitor is not setup to receive from the source you have it physically connected to or you have a graphics conflict if your integrated graphics is interfering in the EFI with your PCI graphics. Check your monitor setup first though.

Back
Top Bottom