Best email client?

Soldato
i like windows live mail myself. i guess the All inbox quick view option does pretty much what you want.

quick%20view.png

Associate
Realise I'm resurrecting a thread slightly, but I've been doing a little searching for an alternative to Outlook and came across this. In case you are still trying to find something, eM client looks to be pretty good. Decent integration with gmail and icloud, and the free version allows you to add 2 accounts. Pro version is $49.

Associate
OP
Saw this thread pop up and was going to say I'd posted the same question, But realised it was me :)

Ended up with Windows Live Mail in the end. Does everything I want from it but can't get it to work with iCloud. No worries as I don't really use that much.

eM client does look good, But too similar to Windows Live mail. Might give it a try as it can't hurt but I reckon $49 is way too much for an email client. I'm not that desperate for one!

Associate
Saw this thread pop up and was going to say I'd posted the same question, But realised it was me :)

Ended up with Windows Live Mail in the end. Does everything I want from it but can't get it to work with iCloud. No worries as I don't really use that much.

eM client does look good, But too similar to Windows Live mail. Might give it a try as it can't hurt but I reckon $49 is way too much for an email client. I'm not that desperate for one!

Fair enough! I thought it was worth mentioning just because I do this every 3 months or so and only ever really came back to Thunderbird, which I don't get on with and this one popped up in my searches today.

My problems will all be solved once I get space to have my MacBook Air set up next to my PC, but for now this will do :)

Soldato
Bumping to check if anything new that supports Windows 8.1 desktop instead of apps screen. For someone who uses Outlook Express, so the simpler the better.

Associate
The major issue with Windows 8 and 8.1 is that it no longer believes that POP mail exists. It is silly really because POP is good at transporting small files very quickly and securely. Webmail is not very secure and is open to abuse. I buy something over the internet and on POP you get a secure transaction go through very quickly and your receipt is received very quickly. Web protocols rely very heavily on certification which is more than often out of date.

Caporegime
What are you talking about? POP is terrible in any situation where you access email on more than one device, which rules it out for anyone who owns a smartphone and anything else that can do email. It has nothing to do with the speed at which mail flows between servers, and any perceived security features it has are provided by wrapping it in something else, which can also be done with IMAP, ActiveSync or HTTP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom