*** OS X Mavericks ***

Don
Since updating to Mavericks Chrome's scrolling seems to have gone rather laggy on my 2013 MBA. It's especially noticeable on Facebook or other busy sites.
Also, the bounce when you scroll too far on a web page sometimes goes mental and bounced miles off the screen.

No idea why or how to fix.

Associate
Has anyone seen/overcome the download bug for Mavericks?

My download starts going into a loop at 995/996Mb (with the message 'calculating') and after a few retries from 985Mb it eventually comes up with failed. There have been a few posts on the Apple website, but no real answers. One semi official looking answer suggesting that you need a minimum 15Mb connection which seems absurd to me. A slower connection just means it takes longer to get, not an automatic stall at 995Mb.

Soldato
Has anyone seen/overcome the download bug for Mavericks?

My download starts going into a loop at 995/996Mb (with the message 'calculating') and after a few retries from 985Mb it eventually comes up with failed. There have been a few posts on the Apple website, but no real answers. One semi official looking answer suggesting that you need a minimum 15Mb connection which seems absurd to me. A slower connection just means it takes longer to get, not an automatic stall at 995Mb.

Our connection isn't 15Mbit, and it worked fine here on our Mac Mini 2011 and MBA 2013.

Permabanned
did anyone have any issues upgrading?

I didn't upgrade I did a fresh install. :)

So? :) it isn't adding a problem, just not removing that particular one.

It's useful if you have more than one OSX/iOS device. If you only have one then no, it's probably not useful.

Actually is would be useful even if you have one device because if you ever restore the device the passwords get restored with it. :)

Associate
Quick question before I do my upgrade. Currently done a TM backup on a usb hard drive. I'm coming from SL.

Will the upgrade keep all my files and settings? Or can I import them post install. Really cant be bothered fussing around with itunes again getting everything setup

Don
I have a new issue with my new Retina MacBook Pro 13"

I display my applications folder as a list in the dock. When I click the folder, the list of applications lags like mad and is really slow to scroll. Activity Monitor shows the dock process going to 100% when scrolling.

This is most irritating but I have no idea how to fix it.

Associate
Well thats good that everything will just be there. First time in over 3 years I have had to do any sort of big software upgrade. Going from SL->Mavericks is quite a jump :eek:

Soldato
Just setting up mavericks now. One think that people should be aware of is that SMB2 is now the default network sharing protocol with AFP left in a fall back.

Important for those with apple specific shared drives.

Soldato
Just setting up mavericks now. One think that people should be aware of is that SMB2 is now the default network sharing protocol with AFP left in a fall back.

Important for those with apple specific shared drives.

Didn't know this! Just seen it mentioned on another website. Time to configure my server to turn on SMB2 by default too.

Associate
Since updating to Mavericks Chrome's scrolling seems to have gone rather laggy on my 2013 MBA. It's especially noticeable on Facebook or other busy sites.
Also, the bounce when you scroll too far on a web page sometimes goes mental and bounced miles off the screen.

No idea why or how to fix.

I'm having similar scrolling issues in Chrome! So annoying. And sometimes, just for fun, it stops scrolling altogether(in all applications)! :mad:

Soldato
I'm having similar scrolling issues in Chrome! So annoying. And sometimes, just for fun, it stops scrolling altogether(in all applications)! :mad:

I've experienced this as well where it stops scrolling. I also find after waking the MBA after a long sleep if I rush in and click Chrome and a window it hangs for about 15 seconds before letting me scroll or click links.

Soldato
Anyone have the problem of (spacebar) previewing a folder of pictures, only for them to get muddled up or not show at all?...e.g the file selected isn't the one that comes up in the preview when you press the spacebar.

Back
Top Bottom