Mk1 Focus heaters blowing luke warm air

Man of Honour
I have to turn it right to max to get any decent heat in the cabin, made even worse if I need to demist using the A/C as the temperature is then less than ideal. There's nothing funny going on mechanically, it's just had a cam belt change as well as some other work under the bonnet. Could it be something simple like a thermostat etc?

Soldato
is the temp gauge in the middle. Would be less if thermostat was stuck open. If not air lock/block/leak in heater matrix. Check header tank level too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Initial thought would be an airlock in the heater matrix perhaps? With some cambelts the waterpump is replaced so they may have just not bled the system properly. Dodgy thermostat is an option but you'd notice the temp gauge wandering around the place with that.

Associate
Does the mk1 focus uses the usual stupid ford coolant valve to regulate coolant flow to the matrix to alter the temperature does it not? Rather than do it on the air side.

They always used to like to fail, usually conveniently in the fully hot position.

Soldato
I wonder if this is the same problem in my friends KA, I ended up changing some sort of coolant valve which fixed it for a while. Don't go for the cheapest valve you can find as it only lasted about a month. :o

Back
Top Bottom