New pc tomorow

RJC

RJC

Don
Take your time and read the manual.

Don't forget the 8 pin for cpu power and your GPU will require all power connections to be connected.

Soldato
As well as what RJC said, remember to use standoffs when placing the motherboard in the case. Be delicate with the CPU (be delicate with everything but the CPU is the most fragile). Remember it's 2 connections for hard drives/disk drives (the sata cable and power cable). If you can, do a test build outside the case first to make sure everything works. Also, make sure you plug the CPU fan in! :)

Soldato
A tip from experience (most people do it differently but i find this way easier, take it with a pinch of salt all the same) mount the CPU and CPU cooler (and RAM) in the motherboard before you put the motherboard in the case.. It's a lot easier than doing it while its in the case.. :)

EDIT: Just make sure you put the anti-static bag (the motherboard comes in) underneath the motherboard while doing this, to protect it. :)

Last edited:
Associate
A tip from experience (most people do it differently but i find this way easier, take it with a pinch of salt all the same) mount the CPU and CPU cooler (and RAM) in the motherboard before you put the motherboard in the case.. It's a lot easier than doing it while its in the case.. :)

Definately agree with this. I made the mistake of putting my motherboard in the case, then trying to fit the CPU and block (albeit watercooling block) once it was in, realised it could not really be done, and everything had to come back out again.

Just take your time. Read everything that comes with the components - twice. Make sure you take it all in. You will end up with a much neater, and more satisfying job, if you just take a little longer.

Soldato
This isn't such a good idea as it conducts electricity! Just putting it on the box will be fine.

Indeed.

Personally I would build out of the case, to test everything works and POSTs, and when I know everything is fine then I'll do the proper build and build it inside the case.

It is even more especially important to not have the main board resting on a Faraday cage (the outside of an antistatic bag) when testing! :p

Back
Top Bottom