Best 140mm fan from OCUK?

Associate
Hey guys,

I need a really good 140mm fan for my case. It is currently setup as an external fan set as an exhaust (im thinking of turning it around), its main use is cooling a rad on the inside of the case. Obviously I want to increase the cooling potential here especially as since going from a 1 360 rad loop to a 360 and 120 rad loop ive seen no difference in temps. Basically I think the fan im using on it is a waste of time, I do have a few issues with tubing kinking but ive got parts on order to improve that.

I don't need the fans to look nice or anything I just want a fan that can basically cool my rad efficiently. I should explain that the rad I have is attatched to a 140 to 120 mm converter and that it is a slim rad so im not really expecting miracles here but theres that extra bit of distance the fan needs to blow.

Also as the fan is on the exerior I would like to put a grill on it to protect fingers and whatnot, do they simply just screw on or would I come across any issues in installing these? (silly question I know but in PC modding NOTHING is simple).

Last but not least, if im using this fan as an intake I would like to put a dust filter on it, where do I put the filter? Before the fan or after the fan? Also what kind of filter should I be looking at that won't whistle or anything like that.

Thanks in advance! :D

Associate
Associate
Corsair SP (static pressure) or AF (air flow) are by far the best from my experience. Got 2 120mm SP's push/pull on my radiator and they cool like a dream!

They also look sexual, which is a big bonus! ;)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the feedback.

I already have a couple of those corsairs cooling my 360 rad and they are awesome. Best fans ive used so far, im not hugely bothered by noise of fans either although I do have all my fans on a controller. Downside is its an aquaaero and I have no idea what im doing with it as all forms of support seem to be in german and generally confusing.

Why would you suggest going completely for 120mm instead of using the 140mm though?

I would have put a 140mm rad there but I saw the stealth xfire 120mm rad and thought it would look nice, not realising it was 120mm and not 140mm. Kinda sucked when I found out but hey ho its fixable!

Back
Top Bottom