LG G2 - Lumia - Nexus 5 which one to get?

Soldato
Start my new job tomorrow and as a little treat for myself im going to get a new phone (currently using a htc 8s) but unsure which to get from the 3 in the title (Lumia 925 or 920)

Ive read mixed reviews about the phones and still not sure so was hoping for a few suggestions on what to get.

thanks

Soldato
G2 is better until you start adding cost into the equation.

Best 'all round' phone isn't the way I'd describe the Nexus 5, maybe 'best overall when you factor in price'.

Soldato
A vote for G2 here

had the Nexus 5, its an ok phone but got a bit bored of it after a week and half

you can pick up an imported sim free 32Gb G2 for about £389 on auction site (they only sell the 16gb version in the UK)

Soldato
g2 is the best out of them IMO - but android is the OS that I prefer to use as it suits my needs.

n5(which I own) is great too if you want quick updates, stock android and massive modding community + good sim free price.

G2 is better when it comes to camera(not in low light tho compared to n5) has nicer screen but at the same time it has glossy plastic all around and IMO awkwardly placed buttons at the back which you may or may not like.

Lumias, well they're good for photos and just generally being a phone but app store has nothing on android and customization is limited if you're into it.

So IMO imported G2(32gb) would be the choice.

Soldato
OP
32Gb it is then just have to get used to buttons on the back shouldnt be to hard as i had a old lg that had the volume on the back it was like a slider though that went around the camera.

Thanks for the replies btw :D

Soldato
Get a 32GB. It'll get more later on and you can download more apps, etc. I don't recommend 16GB devices for anyone anymore.

TBH, it depends on the user. I don't put music on my phone anymore since I stream it all. I'm also quite selective about which apps are kept on the phone. I then have the iPad for movies and video. Therefore 16GB is plenty big enough for my needs.

You'll probably find 16GB is big enough for the majority. This forum, being full of enthusiasts however is probably a bit different. Grrrrr, gives a good example of why :)

Soldato
I'm debating between the Nexus 5 and LG G2 as well...and leaning toward the LG as I'm concerned about battery life. If I can get the G2 for 450 usd or so new and unlocked I think that's worth the extra cost over the Nexus 5

Mobster
Soldato
I'm debating between the Nexus 5 and LG G2 as well...and leaning toward the LG as I'm concerned about battery life. If I can get the G2 for 450 usd or so new and unlocked I think that's worth the extra cost over the Nexus 5

Do you prefer stock Android or skinned Android? That should be the deciding factor, not the battery life (in my view).

Soldato
I don't care either way tbh...I'm on my feet walking around a factory all day and don't want to be plugging my phone in every few hours.

Will the nexus 5 be fine for 8 hours as long as I'm not constantly on it? It just seems that $400 vs 450 or so the LG is the better buy.

Soldato
you can pick up an imported sim free 32Gb G2 for about £389 on auction site (they only sell the 16gb version in the UK)

actually £320 if you look around :)

LG is the better phone, the battery life is great from other who have it.

Soldato
I don't care either way tbh...I'm on my feet walking around a factory all day and don't want to be plugging my phone in every few hours.

Will the nexus 5 be fine for 8 hours as long as I'm not constantly on it? It just seems that $400 vs 450 or so the LG is the better buy.

no problems with battery life on N5, it sound small but it just works?!

my n5's battery life for e.g.
SsU6Xg1l.jpg.png
8MXrskCl.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom