*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Just played a limited heroes game. Nearly had an aneurism at how bad my team was. We lost, only taking down 2 towers. I couldn't believe it.

We lost k/d 46/16 (I had 15 of the kills) I know everyone has to learn but if that group commuted collective suicide and never played DOTA2 again it would be a good day.

Associate
lol omni carry??

360 true damage nuke, magic immune for 12 seconds.

28% Movement Speed and Attack Speed Reduction.

7 second immunity from physical damage.

Radiance is core for him to get his farm on, and just to stand next to people for them to die and get damage items.

But for some reason it does not work so well in Dota 2 compared to HoN.

Soldato
The only reason you'd play him as a carry over support is if you get him in all random and you get all other supports lol.. if you purposely choose him as the carry then you're doing something wrong!

Associate
The only reason you'd play him as a carry over support is if you get him in all random and you get all other supports lol.. if you purposely choose him as the carry then you're doing something wrong!

Well tbh Pyro mid was so strong that you could easily carry with him. Sure the 1 position was still taken by a traditional carry. In Dota Lina had the same issue and was verily beaten with the nerf bat to what she is now. Pyro is still a lot stronger than Lina I think.

A Pyro with crit and harkons was absolutely beastly

Soldato
3 good wins tonight. Got my first try of Outworld Devourer, quite a good hero and one I would never normally have tried.

Had one bad loss and in this game something I could not believe... Someone who struggled to play Riki. Ended up 2/12 as Riki and they wernt even using dust or gems. The guy was shockingly bad, seen nothing quite like it :p

Associate
Great games over the weekend, some Diretide and some regular.

My team's been working together a lot better, and when we're not put with two idiots it seems we stomp pretty hard!

when we're not put with two idiots

not put with two idiots

idiots

Associate
Just played a limited heroes game. Nearly had an aneurism at how bad my team was. We lost, only taking down 2 towers. I couldn't believe it.

We lost k/d 46/16 (I had 15 of the kills) I know everyone has to learn but if that group commuted collective suicide and never played DOTA2 again it would be a good day.

It's one of the very main reasons we only play as a 5 stack! There's nothing worse!

Associate
Great games over the weekend, some Diretide and some regular.

My team's been working together a lot better, and when we're not put with two idiots it seems we stomp pretty hard!

when we're not put with two idiots

not put with two idiots

idiots

Yes there are some real idiots out there. Like the ones that spend the first 15 mins fighting over mid and then steal your items off the courier when you call them out for being stupid.

Soldato
Tried to get into dota but couldn't switch from hon. I think hon is a better game over all. I liked the heroes more though on dota than hon. I just suck at dota compared to hon as well. I consider myself a pretty good hon player and on dota i am terrible i lose my my map awareness that i have on hon and it just doesn't transfer over at all to dota.

How well did u guys make the transition from hon to dota?

Associate
Actually my problem lately is no-one wanting to take mid. People that pick mid heroes (so everyone else picks accordingly....then insist on laning) grr.

It's so odd and frustrating when this happens. People must feel added pressure... Really, it's just opportunity to free farm and go for first blood :D

Soldato
Tried to get into dota but couldn't switch from hon. I think hon is a better game over all. I liked the heroes more though on dota than hon. I just suck at dota compared to hon as well. I consider myself a pretty good hon player and on dota i am terrible i lose my my map awareness that i have on hon and it just doesn't transfer over at all to dota.

I found dota to be much easier to HoN. I found the gameplay a lot more forgiving in that usually, the slightest error or loss of concentration on HoN usually gets punished whereas with dota I found that wasn't so.

I used to play HoN a fair bit and then played a lot of dota in the beta stage. I'll tell you, going back to HoN is much much harder :p

Soldato
So happy that a lot more heroes have tracking now. Its so good.

Spent a while making a lot of my items nice today :p

Gems I've got so far :

Maximum Stun Arrows on my Mirana mount

Kills, First Bloods, Roshan Kills and Victories on my Lone Druid Panda.

Spells Stolen on my Rubick staff

Creeps Enchanted on Enchantress hair

Double Shackles and Multi-hero Powershots on my Windrunner bow.

Soldato
What does everyone think about Ember Spirit?

I found him very flashy and pretty but found his attacks to have no real substance to them, especially his ultimate. Perhaps I was missing a few points with him, I'm certainly no expert, but found him distinctly average.

Associate

HoN is a fast paced, where twitch reactions are more important.

Dota is more slower paced, heroes have actual animations, so you have to time according, Puck is a hero where I'm always waiting to cast all my skills with his combos unlike in HoN Bubbles was bam bam bam.

Dota 2 is more tactical, strategic and team focused then HoN is.

The best way to say it is, Dota is Street Fighter and HoN is Tekken.

Back
Top Bottom